• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    But did you thunk 40%?! Maybe 20% - but 40% is crushing. This is shaping up to be really bad. Swindon folks probably don't care, they voted leave anyway so their jobs were already for the out.
    Here's another shock stat for you mate, house sales are down 70% since lockdown. Wow, who would have expected that to be the case?

Coronavirus: Property sales down 70% since lockdown, says Zoopla - BBC News
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Gold has more or less recovered to where it was before markets went into meltdown.

Gold Price Today | Price of Gold Per Ounce | 24 Hour Spot Chart | KITCO

That strikes me as fairly bullish.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Nah - Gold still going to $1000
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Wont happen unless its sub $700 to mine which wont happen in this economy.

Dont forget most refiners are shut due to Covid-19.

A crisis like this can easily decouple futures price from physical supply price which is what we are seeing at present.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Is there more than one of you sharing the same account, or do you have a multiple personality disorder?

3 weeks ago you said it would crash to $700.
            Last week it was going to go sky high, and the Italians would be laughing with their huge hoard.
            Now it's dropping to $1000.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
              Is there more than one of you sharing the same account, or do you have a multiple personality disorder?

Last week it was going to go sky high, and the Italians would be laughing with their huge hoard.
              I DEMAND a single chart showing all 3 of these things happening at the same time. My experience of technical analysis tells me this is fundamentally possible and will be truly believed by the person that creates it.

Comment

I can't wait to see the mental gymnastics to get out of this one

Did anyone see Scooter get banned from YouTube for comments about 5G?

Comment

Scoots seemed pretty normal 3 years ago when he started the crypto thread.

Maybe this is what 3 years of trading schizocurrencies does to you.

Comment

Scoots seemed pretty normal 3 years ago when he started the crypto thread.

Maybe this is what 3 years of trading schizocurrencies does to you.
                    I'm actually wondering what Scoots has actually ever contributed to the contracting community on CUK.

All I recall seeing from him are posts in General, nothing related to contracting. Perhaps he doesn't have much knowledge of contracting, seeing as he's doesn't help out people on the professional sections of the forum. What value has he ever added?

Just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      I'm actually wondering what Scoots has actually ever contributed to the contracting community on CUK.

All I recall seeing from him are posts in General, nothing related to contracting. Perhaps he doesn't have much knowledge of contracting, seeing as he's doesn't help out people on the professional sections of the forum. What value has he ever added?

Just wondering
                      General punchbag and dogsbody?

Not sure what this place would be without people like Scootie and Darren_Test. Certainly, much less ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X