• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So you are not actually a contractor. You are senior management....
    How dare you .

Senior management charts tend to not be computer generated, but are in a more easily digested format

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      Is there more than one of you sharing the same account, or do you have a multiple personality disorder?

3 weeks ago you said it would crash to $700.
      Last week it was going to go sky high, and the Italians would be laughing with their huge hoard.
      Now it's dropping to $1000.
      It's like Paul's lost Barry Chuckle and met two other long lost brothers.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        The question is when it will tank.....

Which stock market? The overall message this year seems to be.. don't touch stocks with 20' barge pole.

Dooms dates to watch out for:

Dow Jones - end of May to mid-June

Nasdaq - around September

S&P 500 - around August

FTSE 100 - recovers to 6000 before going to 4500 - around September

Don't know why Dow Jones triggers sooner than the others, but that's what the chart is indicating.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Don't worry. HSBC HQ is domiciled in a non EU/UK country and we can print money to save the world. Nothing to see here...

Fitch Revises HSBC Bank Canada's Rating Outlook to Negative on Coronavirus Outbreak

Fitch Ratings - Toronto - 08 Apr 2020: Fitch Ratings has revised HSBC Bank Canada's (HBCA) Rating Outlook to Negative from Stable. This action follows similar action on the company's ultimate parent company, HSBC Holdings plc (HSBC). HBCA's Long- and Short-Term Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) are linked to those of HSBC. For additional information, please see the press release "Fitch Revises HSBC's Outlook to Negative on Coronavirus Outbreak", dated April 1, 2020.

BoE dividend pressure reignites HSBC domicile debate

The Bank of England’s pressure on HSBC to cancel its dividend for the first time in 74 years has reignited a debate at the top of the bank over whether it should redomicile to Hong Kong.

Several people familiar with the matter said the BoE’s intervention had prompted anger among some board members and executives, with calls to reopen the question of whether the group’s legal base should move from London.

HSBC reports potential money laundering breaches
          - criminals using fiat money

HSBC has told Australia’s financial crime agency that it may have broken anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing laws by failing to report transactions it facilitated with foreign banks and other institutions.

The British lender is the latest financial institution to flag potential money laundering compliance failings in Australia. This follows scandals at Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Westpac, both of which led to the resignations of the banks’ chief executives.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Which stock market? The overall message this year seems to be.. don't touch stocks with 20' barge pole.

Dooms dates to watch out for:

Dow Jones - end of May to mid-June

Nasdaq - around September

S&P 500 - around August

FTSE 100 - recovers to 6000 before going to 4500 - around September

Don't know why Dow Jones triggers sooner than the others, but that's what the chart is indicating.
            Wasn't you saying recently the FTSE would bomb in March. Then April. Dropping to 4000 or lower. Now it's recovering to 6000 and dropping to 4500 by September.

You see why you look silly? You make so many predictions, over such a long period of time, that eventually one of them will come true. But 99 will be completely wrong.

And you say above, don't touch stocks this year with a barge pole. Why? If you believe it will peak at 6000 then surely buying at 5200 (as it was recently) then selling at your predicted peak, would net you a nice return. Then, when it drops again by Sept, re-buy into the market. Isn't this exactly why people should NOT avoid stocks .... aren't traders all about making profits?
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Wasn't you saying recently the FTSE would bomb in March. Then April. Dropping to 4000 or lower. Now it's recovering to 6000 and dropping to 4500 by September.

You see why you look silly? You make so many predictions, over such a long period of time, that eventually one of them will come true. But 99 will be completely wrong.
              No. Yes I said they'd tank in March, and so they did. Big deal. It is not unnatural for some retracement. 2 steps forward, 1 step back or vice versa.

And you say above, don't touch stocks this year with a barge pole. Why? If you believe it will peak at 6000 then surely buying at 5200 (as it was recently) then selling at your predicted peak, would net you a nice return. Then, when it drops again by Sept, re-buy into the market. Isn't this exactly why people should NOT avoid stocks .... aren't traders all about making profits?
              99% of people are not traders. The are people looking to protect their pensions. During a bear market (as we now are) There's a time to get out and a time to get out. That is what the smart money is doing right now. A rally back up is the perfect time to get out. However, if you're using emotions and price action to make decisions you'll get rekt 100% of time.

No September is not when we go back in because we're in a "bear market"!! Buying the dip is just an ill educated guess as to where the bottom is... you'll get rekt.

Comment

No. Yes I said they'd tank in March, and so they did. Big deal. It is not unnatural for some retracement. 2 steps forward, 1 step back or vice versa.

99% of people are not traders. The are people looking to protect their pensions. During a bear market (as we now are) There's a time to get out and a time to get out. That is what the smart money is doing right now. A rally back up is the perfect time to get out. However, if you're using emotions and price action to make decisions you'll get rekt 100% of time.

No September is not when we go back in because we're in a "bear market"!! Buying the dip is just an ill educated guess as to where the bottom is... you'll get rekt.
                So what you're saying is, even though you're cock-sure of what is going to happen, and therefore for you it should be easy-peasy money, you're not going to join the party?

But, even though you've told us where the dip will be, and where the peak will be, we shouldn't follow your advice because we'll get rekt (sic)

Hmmmm

As for pensions, they should be long term investments. If you are close to retirement you shouldn't have the majority of your assets in those that are more volatile. If retirement is years away, then trading in the stock market will be fine as pound-cost averaging will sort out any peaks and troughs.
                Last edited by Whorty; 9 April 2020, 17:54.

Comment

Not cock sure (whatever that means), I use the term probable. And the probability is high.

Took my own advice, sold out of stocks last year ;-) so far all good. ;-)) really good.

Also sold me house at the top of the market last year.

Sorry, what was it you’re trying to convince me of?

Comment

But, even though you've told us where the dip will be, and where the peak will be, we shouldn't follow your advice because we'll get rekt
                    Not advice (think I’ve been quite clear on that) just an opinion.

Never said where the dip will be because that’s not a word I use.

Comment

Not advice (think I’ve been quite clear on that) just an opinion.

Never said where the dip will be because that’s not a word I use.
                      You talk bollox mate. You get confused by your own 'opinions'. Thankfully it appears no one of here takes you or your graphs too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X