• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Coal dropped even further
    I bought up all the coal mines for next to nothing, one day I will be rich (when Tesla switch to steam power).

Comment

A month ago -

Que 'anyone could see this was going to happen' comments....

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I think oil will go <$10 a barrel - so be careful. Cost of production is the same argument I'm hearing for sliver mining, which is currently priced less than it costs to pull it out of the ground. The economy is the driver of wealth, the wealth creator. Take Silver for example, it doesn't get it price from folks holding it in fear of financial Armageddon, the price actions comes from industry. The largest industry users by far is the electronics industry, in particular the mobile phone industry. Do we think US citizens are going to use their cash handouts to buy the latest iPhone?

Same argument with oil, the appetite has absolutely vanished. However it might also be an excellent time to get in. Who'd have thought we'd be paying the same price for oil today as we were in 1987! I guess that means you guys are paying 37p per litre at the pumps?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        A month ago - Que 'anyone could see this was going to happen' comments....
        Erm, everybody with a brain knew it would happen - whole world shutdown, there is no demand and limited storage.

Try harder next time, Sherlock.

Comment

Already found a few posts of those that thought otherwise, I'll spare them the blushes...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
            MCL is flying today. Sorry you guys all missed the boat.
            It flies again. Meanwhile scooter bought Centrica.

Comment

Cresting a two-weekly high. Could we see 6000 this week? This is a very odd crash. The second wave could be interesting.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Nothing but bad news in the real economy, but the stock markets are on fire.

Boom! Our pensions will all be worth millions soon, who needs work when there's a magic money tree feeding the markets?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Nothing but bad news in the real economy, but the stock markets are on fire.

Boom! Our pensions will all be worth millions soon, who needs work when there's a magic money tree feeding the markets?

What is the alternative to stocks?

The money has to go somewhere, and even though dividends have been cut, there are still dividends.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    What is the alternative to stocks?

The money has to go somewhere, and even though dividends have been cut, there are still dividends.

Bonds, Gold, Cash, take yer pick.

Comment

Up 30% by ignoring everything scooter's ever said.

Comment

Working...
                      X