• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Where are all the naysayers? Awfully quiet in here... 39p and climbing!

Am I the only one here in profit with CNA

I bought in at 34

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
      I bought in at 34
      Squiggly lines or it didn't happen

Fair play to Scoots though - CNA up over 10% on his purchase price.
      Last edited by Paralytic; 29 April 2020, 15:19.

Comment

recession ? what recession? at this speed dow will be back to 29k by december
        buy buy buy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
          recession ? what recession? at this speed dow will be back to 29k by december
          buy buy buy
          It's bonkers, I said I'd sell the lot of it hit 6000 but ………. Don't fight the Fed. Will it unravel …..

Comment

Gilead’s news saved the day for the stock market, which is in a high-risk area - MarketWatch

Bears have been trampled to death by the bulls. To the moon! Lambos!

A company announces (without an independent clinical trial) that it's cured Covid already....

Comment

And this:

Investors have $5.1 trillion hiding out in the shares of five companies, which will be tested this week - MarketWatch

Five companies represent 20% of the whole S&P 500 price.

$5.1 trillion in those 5 Dot Com heroes, with off the scale price to earnings ratios already.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Gilead’s news saved the day for the stock market, which is in a high-risk area - MarketWatch

Bears have been trampled to death by the bulls. To the moon! Lambos!

A company announces (without an independent clinical trial) that it's cured Covid already....
                It's the second time Gilead have pulled the stunt, they did it about 2 weeks ago with a 'leaked' video. Marketwatch is the Daily Express of yank share sites, its BUY BUY BUY one day, and SELL SELL SELL the next day. Squeeky bum time for some funds that are still sat in cash.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

You need to check out China. That's where the future lies.
                  They were saying that about Iran in the 2000s, Indonesia in the 1990s, Japan in the 1980s, etc, etc, etc, ..

According to globalists, the field is always due to be greener somewhere abroad. But things never seem to turn out that way.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
                    There are essentially two trading strategies:

1. buy low, sell high
                    2. buy high, sell low

I recommend the first.
                    I wouldn't really call those trading strategies, rather hindsight after you've headbutted in and were either lucky or unlucky over some timeframe

The problem with "timing" the market is that you can't, not consistently. Diving in when everyone is screaming Armageddon doesn't really work unless you're prepared to hold for years; most of the day-trader types aren't looking for that and most of them lose. Even scootie can beat the market sometimes though - infinite monkey theorem. The best approach is to continue the same trading strategy through bad times and good, adding incrementally, not hoping to "buy low" and "sell high". Unless you're just doing it for fun, like the horses, which is fine, of course.

Comment

My plan and it seems totally flawless and risk free to me, as I'm up 41% on MCL and a few others, is a stop loss set at my buy in price. 2 outcomes:

I buy lambo
                      I finish with what I started with

I'm OK with either

Comment

Working...
                      X