• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffett sells off all airlines. Considering Berkshire play the long long game they must think the sector won't make a recovery

You give people the pill then there's a sexual revolution. Same goes for the vaccine, it'll be flights-a-plenty.

That leaves a few months to buy as much of 'good' businesses as possible.

PS don't worry about crashes, the Fed have got you.

Comment

airlines
      cruises
      car companies
      housing market
      bond market
      gold / silver

Not touch any of those asset classes with a barge poll at the minute.

Commodities, sure load up. If you've got means to store oil or buy futures without delivery - great.

Oh and toilet roll, always know where your local supplier is.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Buying Berkshire Hathaway is probably a good idea. Let Warren do all the work.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

This will be a theme that complicates matters

Fears mount of inflation returning with a vengence

There will probably deflation first though. If the recession is overdone there's going to be a supply shortage once the economy gets rolling.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Warren Buffett Reaffirms His Faith in U.S. at Berkshire Hathaway’s Annual Meeting, but Sells Stakes in Airlines - Barron's

The bank and airline shares which feature prominently in Berkshire’s portfolio were particularly hard hit. The company reported a net loss of $49.7 billion, after $54.5 billion in investment losses.
            Stocks I (DimPrawn) think will either take years to recover or not recover at all:

Airlines
            Airplane manufacturers
            Cruise and Holiday companies
            Hotels
            Restaurants & Retail (shops)
            Commercial / Office space
            Train operators
            Airport operators
            Oil Companies
            Fossil Fuel Power companies
            Any companies with very large debt to equity ratio

Stocks I think will grow now or soon

Pharma
            Takeaway
            Some car manufacturers (electric tech)
            Food & Groceries
            Online goods retailers
            Delivery companies
            IT services
            Software
            Games
            Communications
            Streaming services
            Social Media
            Infrastructure
            Green energy

This is just my personal opinion. See my sig for disclaimer.
            Last edited by DimPrawn; 3 May 2020, 10:28.

Comment

Yeah once the economy gets rolling - but do any us honestly see that happening before 2022?

Even those restrictions were lifted here in Germany folks are not flooding the streets. No one is driving unless they have too. Restaurants all remains closed (and I really need to eat out).

Oil is not the only commodity in glut, cheese, pork, it's crazy. Deflation for sure 6 months at best 12-18 months being the worst case.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Warren Buffett Reaffirms His Faith in U.S. at Berkshire Hathaway’s Annual Meeting, but Sells Stakes in Airlines - Barron's

Stocks I (DimPrawn) think will either take years to recover or not recover at all:

Airlines
                Airplane manufacturers
                Cruise and Holiday companies
                Hotels
                Restaurants & Retail (shops)
                Commercial / Office space
                Train operators
                Airport operators

Stocks I think will grow now or soon

Pharma
                Takeaway
                Some car manufacturers (electric tech)
                Food & Groceries
                Online goods retailers
                Delivery companies
                IT services
                Software
                Games
                Communications
                Streaming services
                Social Media
                Infrastructure
                Green energy

You should really get people to sign an NDA before putting out advice like that.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  You should really get people to sign an NDA before putting out advice like that.
                  I am going to edit my sig now.

Comment

How did I miss this?

Anyhoe - as we all suspected, FTSE 100 dead cat bounce, massive rejection off previous support since April 2017. A year long downward spiral from here on.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      How did I miss this?

Anyhoe - as we all suspected, FTSE 100 dead cat bounce, massive rejection off previous support since April 2017. A year long downward spiral from here on.
                      If you believe this is going to happen there's a very simple and tax free way to make money from any drop.

Just buy this inverse ETF. You can hold it in a SIPP or ISA.

Xtrackers Share Price (XUKS) FTSE 100 Short Daily UCITS ETF | XUKS

It goes up in inverse to the FTSE 100.

Note - not a long term buy and hold due to the way the underlying contracts roll, but great for a few days or weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X