• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Not everyone is a sucker.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Up it goes 700 points.

We need some bad news.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Up it goes 700 points.

We need some bad news.
          It's bad news for me .... I transferred an existing cash ISA across to my Stocks and Shares ISA and waiting for the FTSE to drop before I push it to a specific fund and since then it's been going up. The 'downside' I guess is my 20k from last ISA year, and 20k from this ISA year are doing splendidly.

Could do with FTSE going back down to 5k before going back up again.

Come on Scooty, draw us a graph. Tells us what to do.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Oil marching briskly to $40.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

change the thread title to stock market boom
              market is on fire. buy now before dow zooms to 40k

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                change the thread title to stock market boom
                market is on fire. buy now before dow zooms to 40k
                I've sold all my worldly possessions, am living in a tent and put it onto the stock market.

This time next year I will be a millionaire!

Note to the stupid, I haven't actually done this, but it looks like everyone else has.

Comment

Moderna Announces Positive Interim Phase 1 Data for its mRNA Vaccine (mRNA-1273) Against Novel Coronavirus | Business Wire

Is probably why the indexes are on fire today.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    We're entering a period of deflation, not inflation. No one knows how long the deflation will last though.

There is a lot of money to be made during this period, but also a lot to lose ...... we need Scooty to draw us a graph of the winners and losers
                    Am not intending on being the 99% - Which are you?

Yes, you're correct. Deflation first - when will it end? Wait until the end of the housing crash... 6 - 18th months.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                      I would still not tauch anything for now. Maybe selling but there is still some irrationality.
                      I don’t think covid has been fully factored in or the reality of a recession. Just wishful thinking and false naratives.

Once we see a 2-3% drop a day followed by another of decline, I would start puttin selling orders in.
                      Or less than positive news about second wave of covid.

The market correction is nothing, nothing, to do with Covid-19. It was the pin that burst an already inflated bubble. Sure, every media outlet is selling that story. However the truth is we've been in a bubble for 15+ years.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X