• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    The market correction is nothing, nothing, to do with Covid-19. It was the pin that burst an already inflated bubble. Sure, every media outlet is selling that story. However the truth is we've been in a bubble for 15+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      But, he said it twice! It must be true if he said it twice.

(though the lack of a chart has put a slight doubt in my mind)

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        The market correction is nothing, nothing, to do with Covid-19. It was the pin that burst an already inflated bubble. Sure, every media outlet is selling that story. However the truth is we've been in a bubble for 15+ years.
        I'm afraid I'll have to go with a

Comment

There's something for everyone.

A new bull market has begun
          It's just a bear market rally
          All the money being created will send stocks to new all time highs
          We're entering a depression reminiscent of 1929
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Or there’s the scootie contrarian position where the actual outcome isn’t in the superset of all possible outcomes.

Comment

I don't have a single clue what is happening...
              If someone is trying to confuse people is doing a very good job.

What is clear is that we are not out of the woods yet but stocks are soaring right now.
              Probably there is one key word that explains everything... BUYBACKS, as long it is legal we won't be able to pinpoint any value.
              Last edited by GigiBronz; 19 May 2020, 08:30.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                I don't have a single clue what is happening...
                If someone is trying to confuse people is doing a very good job.

What is clear is that we are not out of the woods yet but stocks are soaring right now.
                Probably there is one key word that explains everything... BUYBACKS, as long it is legal we won't be able to pinpoint any value.
                Yeah, we spotted that
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The Financial Times recently had a headline that was approximately:

"Predicted Recession Predicted to be Worst in a century"

The same day the S&P500 ticker above the headline was up 4.5%

Money injected now will be mixed in for the crash. I simply don't think any amount of money manipulation can keep the markets up at current levels without storing the problem up for the future. Being rid of some zombie debt-riddled companies is a good thing. Unemployment is shooting up anyway, as we all know, so there's no point in us pretending things will be ok if we just employ those people in more insecure work from the very companies that just fired them.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                    The Financial Times recently had a headline that was approximately:

"Predicted Recession Predicted to be Worst in a century"

The same day the S&P500 ticker above the headline was up 4.5%

Money injected now will be mixed in for the crash. I simply don't think any amount of money manipulation can keep the markets up at current levels without storing the problem up for the future. Being rid of some zombie debt-riddled companies is a good thing. Unemployment is shooting up anyway, as we all know, so there's no point in us pretending things will be ok if we just employ those people in more insecure work from the very companies that just fired them.
                    I pity those poor bastards who've been furloughed into redundancy and are too thick to realise it...
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

The Dow Jones is still very much on for a belter of a crash. Almost impossible to avoid now. A few weeks ago I recall saying something about mid June... we're still on course. All that has changed is the angle of approach of the 3-day death cross, it has increased.

Whatever is happening mid-late June it ani't going to be pretty. The housing crash should follow in the remaining months of the year.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X