• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aye...

It's the US again, with all the flaws that Trump may have, the US is speaking up and standing for the people of Hong Kong! Where is the so called Great Britain? Not even a whimper from Boris Johnson or Dominic Raab. They are busy rushing to defend their chum Dominc Cummings while the Hong Kong people are being sent to the gulab by Communist China. That's the new Britain for your under Boris, Raap, Gove, Cummings and the ignoramous government of the day!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Hong Kong was surrendered to China, why is anybody expecting communist regime (much more powerful than in 1997) to avoid asserting full control?

Paperwork signed with commies isn’t worth jack tulip

Comment

Hong Kong dollar... give it another year before it is gone forever.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Is that your view, or, since this is so obvious it hardly needs stating, your contrarian view? Just wondering which side to bet on.

Comment

We only borrowed Hong Kong, it was always Chinese owned. It's got jack tulip to do with us. Let's concentrate on the important stuff like telling the EU to do one.

Comment

Your wisdom is blinding
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Find me an article anywhere that is (recently) talking about the end of HK dollar or the collapse of HSBC. Of course it is blindingly obvious when it happens. I don't trade hindsight.

Comment

The UK government should be much more active with the situation in HK at this minute. Sack Cummings and move on - real sheet is going down.

Comment

Find me an article anywhere that is (recently) talking about the end of HK dollar or the collapse of HSBC. Of course it is blindingly obvious when it happens. I don't trade hindsight.
                    I was being sarcastic. This is just another one of your many 'calls', in a scattergun of amazing insights, and when one happens you'll crow about it as usual but conveniently forget about the 99 'calls' you got wrong.

Here's my call ... HSBC won't be gone in 12 months time.

Here's another one of my calls .... the HKD won't be gone in 12 months.

Let's see whether, in 12 months, I'm right or you're right eh?

Comment

The UK government should be much more active with the situation in HK at this minute. Sack Cummings and move on - real sheet is going down.
                      Not that I ever want to support the Tories, but how exactly do you think the UK should be more active? We only ever controlled HK because at the time, as a colonial power, we started a war with a weaker nation because they wouldn't let us sell their citizens opium. We're no longer a colonial power, HK is no longer our territory.

We're a fly to China.

We could send them an email telling them how upset we are but what exactly do you think that will achieve?

As individuals we could all stop buying cheap Chinese made goods, but no, we're too hypocritical to do that - much easier to blame the government whilst typing on our Chinese made computers, and watching TV on our Chinese made TVs.

Comment

Working...
                      X