• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for the bears

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      for the bears
      Time for them to buy in to the boom before its too late

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        for the bears
        Could be the last push before the big dip. Pension funds, gov buying bonds etc... doing their part.
        Smart money being rescued by people's pension and taxpayer money to be able to get out scar less.

Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered.
        Some things never change.

Comment

3-day death cross on the Dow Jones grows ever nearer to making history. It is not an exact science for sure however between 30 & 60-days this index is going to collapse hard.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            3-day death cross on the Dow Jones grows ever nearer to making history. It is not an exact science for sure however between 30 & 60-days this index is going to collapse hard.
            Can I put my pension on that ?

Comment

You're correct, it's not an exact science. Lots of money to not be made by just looking at graphs

There have been many times when a death cross appeared, such as in the summer of 2016, when it proved to be a false indicator. Those who got out of stocks during the summer of 2016 missed the sizable stock market gains that followed throughout 2017. The 2016 death star example was in fact occurring during a technical correction of around 10%, which is oftentimes seen as a buy opportunity known as buying on the dip.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                You can't do that Sir, but some accredited people behind well established organisations are probably doing exactly the same thing with your pension based on even more sketchier advice.

Where is that news about scrapping BOE inflation targets?

U.K. Urged to Scrap BOE Inflation Target in Favor of Growth

Comment

What's a 3-day death cross?

Usually it refers to a crossover of the 50 and 200 day moving averages.
                  Golden Cross vs. Death Cross: What's the Difference?
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                    It’s not your pension - it is Govts pot of gold they plan to use when the time comes

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                      What's a 3-day death cross?

Usually it refers to a crossover of the 50 and 200 day moving averages.

Golden Cross vs. Death Cross: What's the Difference?

50 & 200 day moving average is for retail players.

150 & 600 day moving averages is the smart money. The stock markets move really slow, as such, significant trend changes are identifiable on larger scales. Sounds obvious.. but just look at this thread and you'll see folks posting every other day swing price changes. The majority of folks are focused on the smaller time scale for a number of reasons I'll not go into here.

The 3-day cross is defined as the 150 & 600-day moving averages on a 1-day chart. Or 50 & 200 on a 3-day chart.

Here is the July 2008 death cross. A 50% fall, followed by a V shaped recovery.

Here is the dot.com 3-day death cross followed by a 30% move to the downside. Notice now there was a fake out rally to the upside at first? That's dumb retail money, often known as a suckers rally, which I believe we're now seeing.

Here's a fake out 3-day death cross in 88.

December of 81

Bottom line, don't ignore 3-day death crosses when they occur, especially if you believe the market is overbought.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X