• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    No one is talking about a 'v' shaped recovery huh...
    Some did, some didn't - the objective facts are objective facts, your bear position is very emotion based.

Comment

That's dumb retail money, often known as a suckers rally, which I believe we're now seeing.
      I can't help but think that too.

But one thing I've learned, the hard way, over the years is that anything can happen in the markets. Thinking you know something can prove very costly.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Can't help but think that the market has gone a little insane at the moment..

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          It’s not your pension - it is Govts pot of gold they plan to use when the time comes
          It is a worry. I have 5 months to go to extract my 25% tax free. I'm sure they will raid pensions one way or another and that could be one target. Proper Tories wouldn't do it but Boris and his lackies are populists and not to be trusted.

Comment

It is not an exact science for sure however between 30 & 60-days this index is going to collapse hard.
            I'm sure you said something very similar more than 30-60 days ago. Keep saying it then you can come back sometime in the next few years pointing to the post when you had "called it".
            Last edited by Paralytic; 5 June 2020, 13:41.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              Some did, some didn't - the objective facts are objective facts, your bear position is very emotion based.
              Scootie's crying into the shower in his Thistle Hotel room. Wait until he realises that he can't claim it on expenses...

Comment

Jobs boom!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Jobs boom!
                  Indeed...

U.S. Hiring Rebounds, Defying Forecasts for Surge in Joblessness

I guess there are limited ways to convince people to get off streets.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                    You can't do that Sir, but some accredited people behind well established organisations are probably doing exactly the same thing with your pension based on even more sketchier advice.

Where is that news about scrapping BOE inflation targets?

U.K. Urged to Scrap BOE Inflation Target in Favor of Growth
                    That is the big risk about being on the sidelines, if serious inflation kicks in. Some of the resource stocks like BHP and Rios are back at near highs, I think for that reason. Time will tell if the suckers are now buying or if the suckers are still on the sidelines. Anyones guess.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Scootie's crying into the shower in his Thistle Hotel room. Wait until he realises that he can't claim it on expenses...
                      That's just a leak from upstairs - the guy drowned himself in the bath for reasons that don't need mentioning.

Comment

Working...
                      X