• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The stock market has risen by 40% and therefore it is "officially" a bull market. Bear market rallies don't go much beyond 20%.
    Squiggly lines or it never happened

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Did Scooty confirm this?
      I called the Thistle, but he's still crying and won't come to the phone.

Another few months of the bull market, I reckon. I expect the markets will become more nervous as we approach the autumn, absent a vaccine.

Comment

I'm not convinced there'll be a stock market crash now, not during this election year. Perhaps if central banks weren't buying junk.

Also the Oxford vaccine kinda works. It stops pneumonia so it'll be an effective flu jab?

Strap yourselves in for a ride to button moon.

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
          I'm not convinced there'll be a stock market crash now, not during this election year. Perhaps if central banks weren't buying junk.

Also the Oxford vaccine kinda works. It stops pneumonia so it'll be an effective flu jab?

If it dies out one way or another (effective vaccine or effective treatment), we're definitely heading to the moon with the amount of QE floating around, but we'll then be a moon away from the real economy too (who cares though :flipsdollars).

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            The stock market has risen by 40% and therefore it is "officially" a bull market. Bear market rallies don't go much beyond 20%.

A bull market requires two conditions:

1) Price action above the 200-day moving average.

2) The 50-day moving average crosses the 200-day to the upside.

Without both of those conditions, you do not have a bull market.

By way of example... the Nasdaq below made a death cross and a life cross weeks later. But the conditions above were never met, technically the index never entered a bear market and remains in a bull market.

On the other hand we have here the FTSE 100. You can see both conditions are met, 50-day crosses the 200-day to the downside and price action is below the 200-day. This is a technical bear market.

The rally to the 200-day is very typical when entering a bear market. Price action comes up to test it as resistance. If confirmed, there'll be a horrendous move to the downside. And they we'll have a truck load of folks who were previous calling for a V shaped recovery saying, told you it was not.

If price action moves through the 200-day, it must confirm it as support.

All very simple really.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post

Do you want to make that bet real? $1k say?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                A bull market requires two conditions:

1) Price action above the 200-day moving average.

2) The 50-day moving average crosses the 200-day to the upside.

Without both of those conditions, you do not have a bull market.
                So emotional; redefining things to fit an emotive position

Do you have a citation? There's no concrete definition - but it's loosely accepted as a 40% gain.

Comment

Like you keep your word

Comment

I'll bet you 10 of your them there Bitcoins, against 10 of my marvellous magic beans.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Like you keep your word
                      Make the bet on a Ethereum contract.. my stake is no longer in my control. The oracle then decides whether the real world events took place or not and completes the contract.

Trustless contracts. Are you getting it yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X