• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
    Done very nicely on a couple of airline shares.

EZJ and IAG up 38% and 51% respectively. When to sell? That is the question....
    CCL up quite a lot as well... it is mad but I'd rather not. not for now.

Comment

Don't just sell up. Put a stop-loss at a price you are happy with, on the chance that the market will come down.
      Last edited by ChimpMaster; 8 June 2020, 15:13.

Comment

Simples - when you’re in profit
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Simples - when you’re in profit
          That's got to be one of the most moronic things you've said and that's saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            That's got to be one of the most moronic things you've said and that's saying something.
            And even Dim can see it.

Comment

Still money to be made in the market. Oil and bank stocks still have room for improvement. Wells Fargo has hardly risen since its low and has a 6% dividend yield. Exxon and Chevron have over 5% dividend yields. These are the next in line.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                And even Dim can see it.
                Even Pooper can see it - he just can’t find how to delete his post

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                  CCL up quite a lot as well... it is mad but I'd rather not. not for now.
                  I thought investing in airlines was pushing the boat out at the time but no way was I investing in a cruise company. Unbelievable how that's bounced back.

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Still money to be made in the market. Oil and bank stocks still have room for improvement. Wells Fargo has hardly risen since its low and has a 6% dividend yield. Exxon and Chevron have over 5% dividend yields. These are the next in line.
                  Yes, I'm in on UKOG which has been suffering from constant dilution.

Hopefully will hear some good news from the Gatwick Gusher before too long.
                  Last edited by Excursion UK; 8 June 2020, 17:16.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Look at Mr AMD holder. Double his money and yet is unable to take profits. The get rich quick mentality destroys reason and replaces it with emotion.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Look at Mr AMD holder. Double his money and yet is unable to take profits. The get rich quick mentality destroys reason and replaces it with emotion.
                      Tripple

Comment

Working...
                      X