• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    There is certainly a confusion here on this thread between 'traders' and 'savers'. I'm most certainly a saver; my money goes into trackers and are there for the long term (I'm due to take my pension in 18 years so my savings are targeted for the same kind of timescale). Scooty is a trader (or at least he thinks he is) who buys and sells in the short term, trying to guess the ups and downs of the market.

Us savers don't care, in the short term, whether the market drops or rises a few percent. Traders are emotionally obsessed by every little uptick/downtick.

Absolutely. Even if scootie had a clue, we’d be talking past each other. He’s far too emotional. Big falls are big buying opportunities and, for existing positions, they merely push out the time horizon to profitability a little. If you’re planning to retire or whatever, you need to act accordingly. Otherwise, investors/savers don’t give a fook about intra-month variability, let alone intraday. Big falls and big rises are both big wins if you hold some cash; it’s the ongoing QE to infinity normal. You can’t lose!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Absolutely. Even if scootie had a clue, we’d be talking past each other. He’s far too emotional. Big falls are big buying opportunities and, for existing positions, they merely push out the time horizon to profitability a little. If you’re planning to retire or whatever, you need to act accordingly. Otherwise, investors/savers don’t give a fook about intra-month variability, let alone intraday. Big falls and big rises are both big wins if you hold some cash; it’s the ongoing QE to infinity normal. You can’t lose!
      The court jester reveals himself.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Orders in, sale complete - I love the smell of rekt retail in the morning.

FTSE 100 Index
        INDEXFTSE: UKX

−114,99 (1,88 %)
        You're defo speaking for the majority on here on that. Not me.
        Hmm.

Comment

The court jester reveals himself.
          Yes, back in November 2005.

Comment

Soon we'll need to employ the FED to produce those Darwin awards - Brrrrr

Photos show large crowds of people trying to get into Nike Town on Oxford Street as trading began.

If people are prepared to risk their lives for a pair of trainers, maybe retail will not be as bad as I thought. Surely you could order trainers online.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

FTSE 100 Index

−114,99 (1,88 %)
              So what were/are you predicting for the morning ? I'm sort of following but don't know if you think it's going up or down.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                So what were/are you predicting for the morning ? I'm sort of following but don't know if you think it's going up or down.
                IMO, DLAR.L has more legs tomorrow. Closed up today 19.34%. Decided to hold. Looking for £1.80 per share over the next couple of days but will be happy at £1.60.

IMO, AML.L is heading upwards within a couple of weeks looking at ~£1 to be happy. Possibly more if you're willing to hold until the first deliveries of the DBX and or F1 partcipation.

DYOR.

I am not qualified to give financial advice.
                Last edited by Zigenare; 15 June 2020, 16:06.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post

Nothing at all. Just keeping the locals entertained.

The only stock market trade I made this year was on Centrica. Somehow that makes me a trader
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Nothing at all. Just keeping the locals entertained.

The only stock market trade I made this year was on Centrica. Somehow that makes me a trader
                    Losing money on a dog with fleas stock makes you a loser, not trader

Comment

FTSE 100 Index

−114,99 (1,88 %)
                      Can we all post index prices at random times, but make no commentary, presumably so we can come back later with "told ya so #rekt"

FTSE 100 FTSE 100 London
                      London
                      +2.42%
                      +146.65
                      What specifically did you buy/trade/sell with your "orders in, sale complete line above?

Comment

Working...
                      X