• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
    Any thoughts on Capita? The stock is hovering around 40p but was 120p pre-covid. It should be around 70p by now compared with other businesses?

Also with Jon Lewis at the helm they've got a half decent chance.

BUT as soon as I buy the business will tank.
    My reasons for going with Centrica were purely technical.. I did look at Capita, however there was no strength in the signals. Stock markets move slowly, so using the monthly charts for the big picture makes sense.

As way of example - here is Centrica before my purchase. The orange bar (my own script) tells me we're heavily oversold. Also the Stochastic RSI (green callout) is showing higher lows, very bullish.

Now looking at Capita

The RSI resistance line (green callout) remains very active even following an oversold period. This is bearish as anything, and is indicating price action shall continue in a downward trend until 2023.

If it were me, I'd stay away from this one.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Two very interesting picks on the FTSE 100

British land company -

Almost a certain win technically speaking over the coming months.

BT group

Looking good, but not yet, not until confirmation of trend reversal. Oversold and there's lots to indicate the bears are exhausted.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
        Where's the bitterness? Don't project. Just calling BS when I see BS.
        Everything scootie says is BS until proven otherwise, so unless you plan a fulltime job...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Everything scootie says is BS until proven otherwise, at which point you need to check your working...
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
            Any thoughts on Capita? The stock is hovering around 40p but was 120p pre-covid. It should be around 70p by now compared with other businesses?

Also with Jon Lewis at the helm they've got a half decent chance.

BUT as soon as I buy the business will tank.
            Yeah, Capita have had declining revenues for 5 years and are swimming in debt. But by all means, if it was 120p pre-covid........

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              "considerable chunk of my portfolio"

£10K?
              It’s whole Poopers final salary pension

Comment

So Pooper is into penny stocks

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  It’s whole Poopers final salary pension
                  Just you remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    So Pooper is into penny cocks
                    Just you remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      IMO, DLAR.L has more legs tomorrow. Closed up today 19.34%. Decided to hold. Looking for £1.80 per share over the next couple of days but will be happy at £1.60.

IMO, AML.L is heading upwards within a couple of weeks looking at ~£1 to be happy. Possibly more if you're willing to hold until the first deliveries of the DBX and or F1 partcipation.

DYOR.

I am not qualified to give financial advice.

SFO ends probe into banknote printer De La Rue

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Comment

Working...
                      X