• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    OMG
    You don't realise it but that euphoria you are experiencing is very dangerous.

Do you feel like God? Do you feel invinsible?

As they say in the ads, please gamble responsibly.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      You don't realise it but that euphoria you are experiencing is very dangerous.

Do you feel like God? Do you feel invinsible?

As they say in the ads, please gamble responsibly.
      He's Ok, he's free from emotion when it comes to investing ..... honest gov.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        He's Ok, he's free from emotion when it comes to investing ..... honest gov.
        He posted OMG within an hour of the price drop last night, which is a worrying sign of CG.

Bitcoincharts | Charts

I guess not many of you would applaud me trying to save him from himself.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

He posted OMG within an hour of the price drop last night, which is a worrying sign of CG.
          My chart use alarms to alert me when certain conditions arise. Where were they 20 years ago!

Thanks for your concern, I'm alright. Much better than yesterday. About £ ah never mind.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You lot are wasting your time with Pooper. He's literally mentally disturbed when it come to this crap.

Comment

My chart use alarms to alert me when certain conditions arise. Where were they 20 years ago!

Thanks for your concern, I'm alright. Much better than yesterday. About £ ah never mind.
              Can you close that x3 derivative 24x7, or only during trading hours?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                You lot are wasting your time with Pooper. He's literally mentally disturbed when it come to this crap.
                Yup. I see much pain and suffering in scootie’s future which, incidentally, I wouldn’t wish on him or anyone else. When you combine that level of emotional investment and misplaced confidence in your own abilities, very bad things happen in the long run.

Comment

Can you close that x3 derivative 24x7, or only during trading hours?

24/7! It's awesome. Years from now the whole stock market will be 24/7 on blockchain.

You can trade this derivative like spot and you don't have to stake any collateral. All you really need to understand is the gains / losses are calculated at 2:00am UTC everyday. And only use it on markets with high liquidity. Markets all over the world are manipulated, crypto no different, so you need to account for that especially with derivatives that follow markets with low liquidity. Better to stay away from them.

A walkthrough here:

Leveraged Token Walkthrough [READ THIS] – FTX Exchange
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

24/7! It's awesome. Years from now the whole stock market will be 24/7 on blockchain.

You can trade this derivative like spot and you don't have to stake any collateral. All you really need to understand is the gains / losses are calculated at 2:00am UTC everyday. And only use it on markets with high liquidity. Markets all over the world are manipulated, crypto no different, so you need to account for that especially with derivatives that follow markets with low liquidity. Better to stay away from them.

A walkthrough here:

Leveraged Token Walkthrough [READ THIS] – FTX Exchange
                    It sounds like they perform similar to leveraged (x2, x3, x5) long and short ETFs.

Comment

I hope he understands the implications of this:

However, over longer time periods leveraged tokens will perform differently than a static position.

For instance, say that ETH starts at $200, then goes to $210 during day 1, and then to $220 during day 2. ETH increased 10% (220/200 - 1), so a 3x leveraged ETH position would have increased 30%. But ETHBULL instead increased 15% and then 14.3%. On day 1 ETHBULL increased the same 15%. Then it rebalanced, buying more ETH; and on day 2 it increased 14.3% of its new, higher price, whereas a 3x long position would have just increased another 15% of the original $200 ETH price. So during this 2-day stretch, the 3x position is up 15% + 15% = 30%, but ETHBULL is up 15% from the original price, plus 14.3% of the new price--so it's actually up 31.4%.

This difference comes because the compounded increase on a new price is different from moving up 30% from the original price. If you move up twice, the second 14.3% move is on a new, higher price--and so it's actually a 16.4% increase on the original, lower price. In order words, your gains compound with leveraged tokens.
                      And so do your losses!

Comment

Working...
                      X