• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and FTX.com is regulated by....?

The FTX crypto derivatives exchange is owned by FTX Trading LTD. This company is incorporated in Antigua and Barbuda.
    Looks to be totally unregulated OTC scam exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      24/7! It's awesome. Years from now the whole stock market will be 24/7 on blockchain.

You can trade this derivative like spot and you don't have to stake any collateral. All you really need to understand is the gains / losses are calculated at 2:00am UTC everyday. And only use it on markets with high liquidity. Markets all over the world are manipulated, crypto no different, so you need to account for that especially with derivatives that follow markets with low liquidity. Better to stay away from them.

A walkthrough here:

Leveraged Token Walkthrough [READ THIS] – FTX Exchange
      If the markets are manipulated (a fundamental) then any technical analysis is worthless, by definition.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
        If the markets are manipulated (a fundamental) then any technical analysis is worthless, by definition.
        He also misses the point that whilst he claims to trade purely technically and with no emotions, that everyone else who has an impact on the market does trade with emotions .... therefore by definition the market is emotionally driven.

In a 'perfect' market his technical analysis could work fine, but that's not what we have. If we did, we'd never have had the dot.com bubble

He really does need to read the Black Swan book
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I hope he understands the implications of this:

And so do your losses!

That's why you need to know what you're doing. It is high risk. But with high risk comes high reward.

If you believe a trend is going a certain direction over a period of days.. you're 99% confident. Everything is in probability.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
            Technical analysis tell you want people are thinking, nothing more.

For example the recent Wirecard fraud here in Germany, no TA could have predicted that. Got burnt on a couple of my holdings because of it, TA never saw that one coming. People panicked and liquidated their stocks in fear. Did I sell? No.. actually bought.

The fear was easy to see on the TA. Buy when others are fearful. Goes against your nature to the core. If you can put your mind above the emotion, you'll profit and then some.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

That's why you need to know what you're doing. It is high risk. But with high risk comes high reward.

If you believe a trend is going a certain direction over a period of days.. you're 99% confident. Everything is in probability.
              Oh dear, scootie. Probabilistic predictions are like any other predictions; they can be hopelessly bad and, at best, they are conditional upon things as they are known at the time. Look at the implied probabilities of Brexit or Trump right before they happened - they were all over the place and completely reversed in a matter of minutes. Also, with your record if (in)numeracy, you’re going to hurt yourself worrying about probabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                He also misses the point that whilst he claims to trade purely technically and with no emotions, that everyone else who has an impact on the market does trade with emotions .... therefore by definition the market is emotionally driven.

In a 'perfect' market his technical analysis could work fine, but that's not what we have. If we did, we'd never have had the dot.com bubble

He really does need to read the Black Swan book

Remember I said some pages ago the month of June beginning of July would be a catastrophic period in the stock market. How could I possibly know that so far ahead in time?

The whole market trades on emotion when true price discovery is allowed to do its thing. It has always been the way. Emotion is a money killer. A scientific approach is a money maker.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Oh dear, scootie. Probabilistic predictions are like any other predictions; they can be hopelessly bad and, at best, they are conditional upon things as they are known at the time. Look at the implied probabilities of Brexit or Trump right before they happened - they were all over the place and completely reversed in a matter of minutes. Also, with your record if (in)numeracy, you’re going to hurt yourself worrying about probabilities.

Don't really do probability & politics. However I think one can, I should say hope, understand why no populist policies will ever succeed. The probability of success is defined in the history books quite well

Both Boris & Thump are destroying their countries in spectacular fashion. If only there was something in the history books that warned us of the failure that is bluff, bluster, & protectionism.

Comment

Remember I said some pages ago the month of June beginning of July would be a catastrophic period in the stock market. How could I possibly know that so far ahead in time?

The whole market trades on emotion when true price discovery is allowed to do its thing. It has always been the way. Emotion is a money killer. A scientific approach is a money maker.
                    There are a few days left in June ... not seen any catastrophe yet in the stock market. So what exactly are you claiming to have 'known ahead of time'?

Seems the trend in the FTSE 100 has been upwards for 3 months now .... exactly the opposite from what you're saying

FTSE 100 - BBC News
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Oh and FTX.com is regulated by....?

Looks to be totally unregulated OTC scam exchange.
                      It is not like money from that little island found its way to support a decisive populist political cause that divided a country is it?

You got the moral compass of a Cuckoo clock.

Tory donors’ links to offshore firms revealed in leaked Panama Papers

Mates, who stood down in 2010 as member of parliament for East Hampshire, was a shareholder in a company called Haylandale, which leased a large area of land in the Caribbean island of Barbuda. The former Conservative MP said he was invited to become the chairman of the company to help “deal with” the government of Antigua and Barbuda.

Haylandale was established in 2003 to lease and develop a beach resort in Barbuda.

“After it was formed, I was invited to become chairman by a friend who was on the board, as my advice was sought on a number of matters concerning the company’s business,” said Mates. He said his shareholding was “small and uninfluential” and that the company’s attempt to develop a hotel had failed.

“I was to receive no remuneration unless and until the development took place, nor were the shares of any value. The company has never had any real value,” he said.

Mates registered his interest with the appropriate authorities in parliament.

Comment

Working...
                      X