• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clucking bell
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Think I need to find the investment banker forum...
      Why? General is full of bankers

Comment

Bye

Close the door on the way out
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I guess they must also enjoy mocking cretins.

Comment

That's right, my leverage short is about 5% or $xxxk, now.. it was $xxk yesterday
            5% is a reasonable position size.

Although, how can the 3x short have gone up 10-fold when BTC isn't much lower than it was on the 25th June when you opened the position?

Bitcoincharts | Charts
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

ha ha - no, there's no 'I think' full stop. Everything is in probability. I measure probability and trade that. My postgrad and career to date were all about measuring probability. I've just changed what I'm adding up.

Since my course I've yet to enter a trade that resulted in a loss. I know it sounds crazy, but it's the truth. Here's is a chart where I measured the probability most recently of further downside back in April. It is public record, I cannot change it, remove it. At this moment I'm up almost 350%

I'll be adding this one to my list soon, my best yet, I think..omg I used that word!
              Words fail me. Your ego is refusing you let you believe you are not infallible.

But, it looks like you've not long graduated (unless you've not had a loss for decades since your "course") so immaturity, naivety and that sometimes dangerous youthful sense of invincibility are probably in the mix too.

You still haven't answered the core question: why stay invested in stocks if your "probability" indicates that you'd get better returns elsewhere? And if you "probability" doesn't not tell you that, why aren't you averaging-down in those stocks rather than invest elsewhere?
              Last edited by Paralytic; 30 June 2020, 06:55.

Comment

If you only ever sell winners, and hold on to losers...

...eventually you'll end up with a portfolio of losers.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  If you only ever sell winners, and hold on to losers...

...eventually you'll end up with a portfolio of losers.
                  They won't be losers if he doesn't sell them. Apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    They won't be losers if he doesn't sell them. Apparently.
                    They're 'long term investments' in junk.
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                      5% is a reasonable position size.

Although, how can the 3x short have gone up 10-fold when BTC isn't much lower than it was on the 25th June when you opened the position?

Bitcoincharts | Charts

10 fold?
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X