• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I want to hear his reasoning as to why the markets would be in the same position as they are now in the absence of Covid.
    The idea the markets are attached to what is happening in the economy is comical indeed. They have just enjoyed their best quarter in what 30-40 years all the while in the face of mass unemployment, deaths, supply-chain breakdown... etc

Central bank madness is the reason we're at where we're at. The lack of financial education amongst the masses is frightening.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The FTSE 100 has been crap. Arguably it topped in 2000.

File:FTSE 100 index chart since 1984.png - Wikimedia Commons

Now I know there are dividends but, from what I've read, they've only just about kept the index in line with inflation.

The US markets have been a far better bet.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I'm looking at three stock markets with interest now that the UK / US have become bubbles.

1) Russian

2) Japan

3) Rawanda
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I'm looking at three stock markets with interest now that the UK / US have become bubbles.

1) Russian

2) Japan

3) Rawanda
          You might want to consider the Nigerian market .... I hear there is a diplomat over there who has a million dollars to invest but will need your help to get the money out the country. Seems your kind of investment

Oh, and the country is Rwanda
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

tesla is going to moon
            apparently mass unemployment will be good for car sales

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              tesla is going to moon
              Indeed, mass unemployment and poverty looms, and yet a company that sells cars that cost > £50K is worth more than a company that sells cars that cost < £20K

Tesla tops Toyota to become largest automaker by market value

Comment

nasdaq is the best performing index by a mile. is it beginning of another tech bubble .

in the last 10 years these shares have given amazing returns
                facebook 620%
                amazon 2300%
                apple 1040%
                netflix 2800%
                google 660%
                tesla 5500%
                microsoft 820%

remind me to buy a tech unicorn next time it is listed

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  tesla is going to moon
                  Even Elon Musk thinks Tesla shares are over valued. Investors will be suing him over it.

302 Moved

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
                    There was a massive spike on UKOG yesterday - I'd bought in at 0.25p after the first share placing then again at 0.19p. Had been flatlining for the last 6 weeks then I see sell price of 0.30p and I chickened out. Ended the day on 0.42p - a whopping 60% over the course of the day. Looking at the forums though, no PIs seemed able to sell at that price & it's been tanking again today. MM jiggery pokery, apparently.

Will buy back in if it drops below 0.30p

UKOG UTD
                    And it has crashed back down again. This share always gets pumped and dumped every once in a awhile. I am suspecting a targeted pump just like bitcoin.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

The rally the FTSE 100 has enjoyed since the beginning of April has come to an end this week. Indicated on the orange callout you see the previous support failed and now has become resistance.

Next week is going to be interesting...

Comment

Working...
                      X