• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    My bitcoin short is getting a right screwing over today, down $25k so far

But remember, it's only a loss if a I make so
    Haven't you bought bitcoin in the past. why are you shorting it now when it may shoot up due to demand from HK

Comment

I don't act on the news, only the technicals. They remain bearish everywhere I look, so that's where I'm putting my money. Well what remains of it.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

My bitcoin short is getting a right screwing over today, down $25k so far

But remember, it's only a loss if a I make so
        Ether is up about 4% in the past 10 days, so the 3x short must be down about 12%. $25k as a 12% loss equates to a total position of $200,000.

If that's right, you're insane man.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

not far off - actually closer to 20% down at the lowest point today
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Bloodbath on the markets today.

Comment

not far off - actually closer to 20% down at the lowest point today
              You need to get help, scootie. Seriously. This won't end well for you in the long run if you continue to take these epically risky punts. With highly leveraged short positions, you aren't gambling with prior winnings, rather everything you own.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                You need to get help, scootie. Seriously. This won't end well for you in the long run if you continue to take these epically risky punts. With highly leveraged short positions, you aren't gambling with prior winnings, rather everything you own.
                Been there, done that. Not only lost a lot of money, but also made myself ill.

When you go big with leverage, it's all too easy to let a loss (it will come back) turn into an even bigger loss (it can still come back), until you end up with a loss so big that there's no way back. And I "only" used 2x.

I see signs in his posts that remind me a bit of myself in the early days.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

When you go big with leverage, it's all too easy to let a loss (it will come back) turn into an even bigger loss (it can still come back), until you end up with a loss so big that there's no way back. And I "only" used 2x.

This is compounded when "technicals" are the only input to decisions, and you believe "fundamentals" like covid and HK unrest have no effects on global and local markets.

Sadly he won't open his eyes due to the sunk cost fallacy arising from taking an expensive "education" from one of those TA snake oil companies.

Comment

I didn't get this until it was too late.

https://quotefancy.com/quote/1780207...e-very-few-old

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Are you Nick Leeson?
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X