• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EURO STOXX = S&P's bitch

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      EURO STOXX = Pooper Scooper's bitch
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        We've got the BoE printer defensive shield - Brrrrrr - nothing can stop the madness. The only way is up. Isn't that the truth you're always telling me?

Cat: What, am I the only sane one here? Why don't we drop the defensive shields?

Kryten: A superlative suggestion, sir, with just two minor flaws. One: we don't have any defensive shields. And two: we don't have any defensive shields. Now I realise that, technically speaking, that's only one flaw; but I thought it was such a big one, it was worth mentioning twice.
        Why won't the market look at your squiggles! What's wrong with the world!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
          To many vested interests and lack of alternatives to put cash. Decent interest rates would soon put a stop to this nonsense.
          Unfortunately, I can't see that happening any time in the near future.

Me and the OH have resigned ourselves to maybe never getting decent rates on our savings ever again (we're nearly 60).
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Don’t Let Technical Indicator “Tea Leaves” Drive Your Investment Strategy - Reuters

Comment

reuters.com/sponsored/article/tea-leaves

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                Unfortunately, I can't see that happening any time in the near future.

Me and the OH have resigned ourselves to maybe never getting decent rates on our savings ever again (we're nearly 60).

I give it 12-18 months before interest rates return to historical norms. And it'll shock the sheet out of everyone too.

Why do interest rates go up in the first place? (apart from trying to cool the economy and temper inflation). To attract inward investment is usually why a government down on it's luck with a rekt economy would put up interest rates. Think about what is about to happen, the plandemic, the Brexit... the economy is about to rekt beyond recognition. A new business cycle shall emerge (it always does) and at that point interest rates will sky rocket. Watch house prices collapse through the floor at this time (December - spring 2021).
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I give it 12-18 months before interest rates return to historical norms. And it'll shock the sheet out of everyone too.
                  5-6%?

It will never happen now, more likely 5-6% annual tax on savings.

Comment

I give it 12-18 months before interest rates return to historical norms.
                    After waiting 11 years for savings rates to go up, I'll believe it when I see it.

A lot of people have forgotten that when rates were slashed to near zero in 2008/9, it was only meant to be a temporary measure (not a decade or more!).
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                      A lot of people have forgotten that when rates were slashed to near zero in 2008/9, it was only meant to be a temporary measure (not a decade or more!).
                      Just like the income tax....

Comment

Working...
                      X