• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    You'd have made just as much by sticking it in tracker funds. I have. My wife is up 24% We do this without a single graph
    Actually, a lot more on a risk adjusted basis. A single stock is a hell of a lot riskier than an index.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I always cost average in to a position - never time the market, that's what the retail folks do.

My weighted average price in is around 33, or 22% away from current prices.
      33? Really? At 36 you was telling us that you had put the trade in. At no time prior to this did you say you'd bought in blow that price (feel free to link to the quote if you did and I missed it). You claimed you bought at about 36 with about £10k .... to get an average of 33 you'd have also had to buy 10k worth at 30p. The lowest Centrica has been is 30.21 on 20th April.

Sorry fella, I can't believe you as you change your story weekly to match what you want us to know (forgetting that some of us have very good memories).
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

33? Really? At 36 you was telling us that you had put the trade in. At no time prior to this did you say you'd bought in blow that price (feel free to link to the quote if you did and I missed it). You claimed you bought at about 36 with about £10k .... to get an average of 33 you'd have also had to buy 10k worth at 30p. The lowest Centrica has been is 30.21 on 20th April.

Sorry fella, I can't believe you as you change your story weekly to match what you want us to know (forgetting that some of us have very good memories).
        scooty first declares profit and then adjust the share price he bought at
        absolutely shocking , who would have thought

Comment

You'd have made just as much by sticking it in tracker funds. I have. My wife is up 24% We do this without a single graph

Well I'm happy for your wife. 24%

Graph or it din't happen.... waiting.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It hit 33 following the first order, threw another 20 at it. Think I've been quite generous with information sharing, Mr Public enquiry.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

This film wasn't bad: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013) - IMDb

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention. I bought all the stocks that went up when they were cheap and sold them all at a great profit.

Which was nice.

Comment

To the Moon now!

Coronavirus: Oxford vaccine can train immune system - BBC News

Comment

Exactly - it is all about the virus as the herbivores on here are keen to remind me, so stocks will now shoot up on this good news.

Que confused expressions as the opposite happens.

Comment

My I shares digitalisation etf is up 25.57%. And s&p tracker is up 25%, Buy low sell high is a pretty simple strategy. The fact I shares is trading a 100 points pre covid level is insane.
                      Last edited by BlueSharp; 20 July 2020, 13:56.
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X