• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

I just hope he's only posting here where his influence is marginal. Imagine if he was on a forum where people were more impressionable.

I don't post on mums net.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I'm not actually a day / even weekly trader. I've somehow got everyone to think I am. But really I'm not, yes I execute swing trades, but they are normally weeks apart.

"I'd have to return 20% every year just to match" Swing trader does not think about the portfolio size, as long as the percentages are good / safe / risk measured.

I started with a portfolio in 2017 with only 4 figures. By now I've exceeded my contractor income easily but that does not even enter my mind much to be honest. Rather I enjoy what I'm doing, like finding your calling.
      If you are that successful why not borrow from bank and make billions, instead of making millions?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        I made a bung on COPL, EUA and GGP in the past 3 weeks.

It would be vulgar to say just how much but I hasten to add that my capital gains is f*cked if I withdraw the cash!

Anyway, DYOR and YMMV.
        You did not use ISA?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          You did not use ISA?
          I was thinking this. Why on earth would you buy/sell FTSE shares outside an ISA or SIPP. Makes no sense at all?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I was thinking this. Why on earth would you buy/sell FTSE shares outside an ISA or SIPP. Makes no sense at all?

It’s Churchill we talking about

Maybe he is against legal tax avoidance

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It’s Churchill we talking about
              Fair point.

Comment

I don't post on mums net.
                They'd eat you alive there.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

It remains open, and has bled some. I'm not concerned. I can't time the market, no one can. But try getting out the door at the same time as everyone else, that's a different matter.

The Crypto short remains open also. Thinking of opening another...
                  You seem to have developed an obsession with shorts. Even your beloved crypto.

Perhaps you've been in Bavaria too long.

Lederhosen - Wikipedia
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Pooper was right, Intel shares are already crashing -

50.03 USD −10.37 (17.17%)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

The 3 shares he mentioned are listed on AIM, and I don't think you can hold AIM shares in an ISA, although I think you can hold them in a SIPP.

Comment

Working...
                      X