• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Have you taken profits?
    Are you soliciting financial advice?

I (sadly) don't hold AMD directly, and when it comes to your advice on AMD (100% wrong 100% of the time), I think I'll pass.

Comment

Depending on the strength of the signal I may increase the original investment, however I must measure risk with the probability of reward, it is just reckless otherwise.

I made two separate purchases. The first above the other a little larger @ 33.

For the record I'm selling today as the probability of some downside is increasing. 50% gain locked in.

That's how it's done people, buy low - sell high.
      Well done, in over 3 months you've earned less than I do as a contractor in 1 month
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I got an email from my dealer explicitly advising me to sell a fund overly exposed to Tesla, even though I'm not on a package including single stock advice.

I don't my money anywhere near Elon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
        What fund?

The 2nd largest Tesla shareholder after Elon is SMT.L

SMT is my largest holding and I hold EWI.L as well which means I have a lot of Tesla exposure through Investment Trusts.

Personally, I’m happy to hold. Exceptional returns and I trust the managers.

DYOR

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
          What fund?

SMT is my largest holding and I hold EWI.L as well which means I have a lot of Tesla exposure through Investment Trusts.

DYOR
          So you don't own any Tesla stock, then?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Well done, in over 3 months you've earned less than I do as a contractor in 1 month
            If we're going to do this - should we consider the 1-2 hours of study I completed before executing the trade?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
              What fund?

DYOR
              Yes, SMT. I think they are 15% Tesla but slow to move so I was advised to release part of this and diversify.

I was up 60% or more on this holding so happy to do so.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Yes, SMT. I think they are 15% Tesla but slow to move so I was advised to release part of this and diversify.

I was up 60% or more on this holding so happy to do so.

The same, I already held some, but bought more when the covid crash happened.

I’m going to keep holding long term. Coupled with Amazon thats 20% of the SMT portfolio in 2 stocks, but their ability to pick and invest in disrupter unlisted Companies I’m interested in.

No problem will people selling this stock though, its had an incredible run. Just not my investment strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  So you don't own any Tesla stock, then?
                  I only hold Investment Trusts and a single fund(Fundsmith).

Comment

This thread just reads like the early scene in Good Will Hunting where scooty is the jerk with the ponytail who has read a first year trading book and everyone else is Will.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Depending on the strength of the signal I may increase the original investment, however I must measure risk with the probability of reward, it is just reckless otherwise.

I made two separate purchases. The first above the other a little larger @ 33.

For the record I'm selling today as the probability of some downside is increasing. 50% gain locked in.

That's how it's done people, buy low - sell high.
                      That’s timing the market - something you’ve claimed you were not doing...

Comment

Working...
                      X