• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    HSBC is in deep tulip because now it is the Chinese bank - relying on Hong Kong was the deep flaw in their strategy.
    Don't forget 35%+ of their business is tied up in Hong Kong mortgages, the most expensive real estate in the world. Do any of us still think that'll be the case in a year from now?

Should they find themselves writing off Hong Kong mortgage debt, it'll be the end of them.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      HSBC is in deep tulip because now it is the Chinese bank - relying on Hong Kong was the deep flaw in their strategy.
      Wow the The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation - Wikipedia is now a Chinese bank, who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Wrong how? If you held in cash 2 years ago you'd be still holding more value today than is now possible. How can you be that obtuse?

4000 is on the way - fill your boots if you believe otherwise.
        Why hold cash? You’re certain the ftse is going to 4000, then take out an Inverse ETF that shorts the FTSE. You can get x3 if you really believe its going south.

Feel free to post us your position

Comment

Don't forget 35%+ of their business is tied up in Hong Kong mortgages, the most expensive real estate in the world. Do any of us still think that'll be the case in a year from now?

Should they find themselves writing off Hong Kong mortgage debt, it'll be the end of them.
          You do actually make some sense on this one. Hong Kong has been in a bubble for a while, and I just can’t see the real estate mark holding up there forever.

HSBC is in trouble. The main problem it has is its too damn big to bail out.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
            Bent over with truth and common sense shagging him up the arse.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Why hold cash? You’re certain the ftse is going to 4000, then take out an Inverse ETF that shorts the FTSE. You can get x3 if you really believe its going south.

Mostly in dollars too...

I always keep around 40% in cash.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Mostly in dollars too...

I always keep around 40% in cash.
                You didn’t answer my question.

If I was certain the FTSE was going to 4000, I would take the aforementioned inverse ETF or at least use it to hedge.

Simple fact is we don’t know whats going to happen.

Comment

You didn’t answer my question.

If I was certain the FTSE was going to 4000, I would take the aforementioned inverse ETF or at least use it to hedge.

Simple fact is we don’t know whats going to happen.
                  We do know for certain that this time next year, pooper will still be a know-nothing twunt.

Comment

Can we just suspend this thread until the stock market crashes (its bound to happen in the next 0-30 years), scoots can come on and tell us he called it, we can all pat him on the back a tell him he's a clever boy, and we can all then get on with our lives?

Or we could stick around and continue to mock his bipolar-like posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      Can we just suspend this thread until the stock market crashes (its bound to happen in the next 0-30 years), scoots can come on and tell us he called it, we can all pat him on the back a tell him he's a clever boy, and we can all then get on with our lives?

Or we could stick around and continue to mock his bipolar-like posts.
                      This thread is so much more interesting when you block Scooty .... I see everyone's reply to him without having to read his drivel. It's marvelous.

I won't even have to see his response to this ..... winner, winner chicken dinner
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X