• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Better question, how do you think this relates to my Put?
    In order for us to answer your question, we would need a little more information.

1) On what date did you buy the $250,000 Put Option?
    2) What was the Option price when you bought it?
    3) What is the Option price now?

Even better still, you could just post a chart of the Option price from when you bought it to now.

However, I'm sure everyone here will completely understand if you would rather not provide any details.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Are you really suggesting that tat is of more value than the goods exported by the 3rd largest industrial exporter in the world?

(That would be Germany, after China & the US).
      No..suggesting Amazon are that rich, they can buy anything they want.

That includes Germany.

Comment

To Infinity and Beyond

I just read the below. Seems analysts are now saying that there is no upper limit to the stock market upside.

Market bulls and bears having trouble as '''unlimited''' Fed support short circuits models

Just ask Canaccord chief strategist Tony Dwyer, who said he was withdrawing his S&P 500 target because there is no precedent to how high valuations can go with low rates and essentially unlimited quantitative easing.

He’s not alone. John Stoltzfus from Oppenheimer has also withdrawn his price target for the S&P 500. BMO’s Brian Belski withdrew his 2020 price target some time ago but reinstated it last week, arguing “the market’s epic rally is challenging traditional forecast models that are based on earnings and interest rates.”

What’s going on? Since when are seasoned market analysts paid to give opinions suddenly at a loss for words?

“The Fed just told you they will let employment go to full employment before they pull the punch bowl,” Dwyer said. “What multiple do you put on unlimited Fed support? In the past, recessions started when the Fed withdrew accommodation. The current Fed is telling you, we are not withdrawing accommodation.”
        My take is this is so that Trump can brag about the biggest and best stock marker ever. Ever!
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Miraculous that a business owner who milks his businesses for everything they are worth before letting it go bust would become president so he could do the same with a country.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

That moment when you open HL and see your tesla stock is 75% down and a huge chuck of your pension has gone. ..

Talk about nearly crapping myself.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              That moment when you open HL and see your tesla stock is 75% down and a huge chuck of your pension has gone. ..

Bloody hell. You Yorkshire folk put t'brass in t'sipp ?

I thought it all went under t'bed or in t'tea caddy
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

September 1st - It's a beautiful day
                How’s September 2nd going for you?

Comment

Don't worry, Elon will sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                    How’s September 2nd going for you?

Beautiful - the index rose to previous support, perfectly normal, now this is the big test. Does it become resistance? If it is unable to climb above 6000 and stay there until the end of the week at least then the downtrend is set in stone. There's no saving it.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Knee-jerk reaction to Tesla seeking $5Bn in future funding.

I wonder if he will dabble in mining...
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X