• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Bottom line: he's risking a total loss of $250,000
    its all imaginary money anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      its all imaginary money anyway
      Just you remember that.

Anyone watching S&P 500! September 3rd another beautiful day.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Jeeeez.. Mayhem today
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's almost as if a speculative bubble is popping.
          Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Can I just say how much I'm loving September 3rd?

Can't wait for September 4th. Come on bears! Rage! Rage! Rage into the dark.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Jeeeez.. Mayhem today
              I'd quite like it to drop below 5000. I have over £50k sitting in a cash ISA that I'd like to put into FTSE fund but hoping it goes a bit lower before I purchase. Anything I put in to FTSE ISA will sit there for 10-20 years so whatever I 'lose' this year or next will come back (and drop, and go up again multiple times) over the long term.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                I'd quite like it to drop below 5000. I have over £50k sitting in a cash ISA that I'd like to put into FTSE fund but hoping it goes a bit lower before I purchase. Anything I put in to FTSE ISA will sit there for 10-20 years so whatever I 'lose' this year or next will come back (and drop, and go up again multiple times) over the long term.
                Why only FTSE ? I plan to put some money in Vanguard life strategy 60% or 80% fund and forget about it.
                Diversify into UK, USA and world stocks
                Disclaimer- this is not investment advice.

Comment

Big TSLA adjustment today -6.5% currently.

Scottish Mortgage IT down 6% as well.

Reason, Scottish Mortgage offloaded a large portion of their Tesla Shares to rebalance their IT portfolio.. Only holding 4.3% now.

Baillie Gifford made £13bn in 8 Months from TSLA.

Good business.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    Why only FTSE ? I plan to put some money in Vanguard life strategy 60% or 80% fund and forget about it.
                    Diversify into UK, USA and world stocks
                    Disclaimer- this is not investment advice.
                    To be honest, I split between FTSE and EU shares excluding FTSE - I'm with Vanguard too - The FTSE one is the actively managed one rather than simple tracker.

I struggle to justify putting my money into the US and support Trump, however tiny.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Can I just say how much I'm loving September 3rd?

Can't wait for September 4th. Come on bears! Rage! Rage! Rage into the dark.
                      From the guy that says don't time markets and keep emotion out of it.

Why does it please you when people are raging? I thought you were an investor, not someone that wanted to be a winner and everyone else a loser?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X