• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    I'd quite like it to drop below 5000. I have over £50k sitting in a cash ISA that I'd like to put into FTSE fund but hoping it goes a bit lower before I purchase. Anything I put in to FTSE ISA will sit there for 10-20 years so whatever I 'lose' this year or next will come back (and drop, and go up again multiple times) over the long term.
    Sure someone said something similar in 1987 Japan

How's your 24% doing?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

To be honest, I split between FTSE and EU shares excluding FTSE - I'm with Vanguard too - The FTSE one is the actively managed one rather than simple tracker.

I struggle to justify putting my money into the US and support Trump, however tiny.

Euro is going to surge in value over the coming years against the dollar and the pound. Can you put prejudice aside, that's the real question...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        From the guy that says don't time markets and keep emotion out of it.

Why does it please you when people are raging? I thought you were an investor, not someone that wanted to be a winner and everyone else a loser?
        He's an immature child
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

From the guy that says don't time markets and keep emotion out of it.

Why does it please you when people are raging? I thought you were an investor, not someone that wanted to be a winner and everyone else a loser?
          If you needed the market to crash in the next few weeks, or you'd lose $250k, you'd be a bit highly strung too.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

So what's the general consesus on what's going on and the short to medium future?

Please, scooty, don't bother replying.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So what's the general consesus on what's going on and the short to medium future?

Just had a cuppa, the tea leaves suggest November will be the low point with a Santa rally to finish the year, before a crash leading in to April where a proper recovery will occur. *

*PG tips was used instead of Earl Grey for this fortune telling.
              Last edited by BlueSharp; 4 September 2020, 15:13.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

IMO, it's just some reversal from months of green, the 4% down is now 2% down on the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                  IMO, it's just some reversal from months of green, the 4% down is now 2% down on the same day.
                  Does that mean Scoots is now £70k in the green too?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    Does that mean Scoots is now £70k in the green too?
                    I suspect the fantasy put is still haemorrhaging fantasy money.

Comment

He's an immature child

I'll try again. How's that 24% doing?

Comment

Working...
                      X