• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    FTSE doing it's normal Monday morning rally (1.3% so far) following the normal Friday sell off

Why, why, why won't it look at Scooty's graph and crash as he keeps saying it should?!?
    Pricing in the crash of sterling due to the lack of an oven ready Brexit deal. A no deal could crash sterling and see the FTSE go for the moon.
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

And I'm closing that CNA trade again - no loss - but dum decision to open, completely emotional.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

FTSE doing it's normal Monday morning rally (1.3% so far) following the normal Friday sell off

Why, why, why won't it look at Scooty's graph and crash as he keeps saying it should?!?

Why do you go all in every Monday if it is that predictable? You seem confident, you'd be a gazillionaire by now.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Clearly a 50% drop is in the making here.
          I have no doubt, at some point in the future, the (US) market will suffer a >50% drawdown. It's happened many times before.

When are you predicting this is going to start? Ie. when will it peak?
          Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 7 September 2020, 09:48.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
            My core holding SMT for example has been in the papers every bloody day and regularly one of the top 1-3 most viewed and traded shares on Hargreaves Landsdown.

It’s been deliberately dropped to push out weak holders. It has a share price of 850p but a NAV of 950, which is almost unheard off.
            Lo and behold, 5.68% up.

Top Investments Trusts rarely trade at a large discount to NAV.

Why I don’t invest in individual stocks anymore..too many crooks in a rigged market.

Comment

Why do you go all in every Monday if it is that predictable? You seem confident, you'd be a gazillionaire by now.
              I do ... but I drip cash in on a Friday when the market is dropping - you're not very good at this are you if you're buying as it goes up and not when it's just dropped
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

dum decision to open, completely emotional.
                You can probably set that as a default tag on your payments, scootie.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  I have no doubt, at some point in the future, the (US) market will suffer a >50% drawdown. It's happened many times before.

When are you predicting this is going to start? Ie. when will it peak?
                  I don't have a crystal ball. The correction began 2018 that much is clear. And now we have a 2-year bearish divergence, that's insane - this downtrend is going to be years in the making. Japan 1988 style. Who know's where the top is. But before you say I'd have missed out on amazing gains, consider this... Selling in 2018, I've currently missed out on a 22% gain. Ouch right? Or have I just secured a 300% profit since the lows of 2009? This is trading, making a profit and keeping it. The majority of folks are unable to do this, it's staggering.

The FTSE 100 has now been trading under the 21-day following a death cross (bear market) back in February - there's no upward opportunity until we enter a bull market.

Yes you can make money in a bear market, very difficult, but possible (as I did with my CNA trade) but you've got to ACT when conditions favour you. Don't let emotions get the better of you. I've been asking myself why I bought back in, pure bravado - just luck I reassessed that and got out.

Comment

I don't have a crystal ball.
                    But you've got your graphs...
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I do ... but I drip cash in on a Friday when the market is dropping - you're not very good at this are you if you're buying as it goes up and not when it's just dropped
                      Are you good at it? Why are you not living in Monaco already?

Using your strategy you could have traded on a small leverage of 3x for a sell Friday high buy the Monday low of around for a 5% difference. In 40 weeks £1000 becomes £23k - you're quids in!

Well done!

Comment

Working...
                      X