• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    I never said it was easy money ... as always that's all in your head. You're the one coming up with convoluted ways to make money, I'm simply feeding in to my FTSE tracker fund on the day I see it dropping. This is my long term saving pot, 10-20 years, nothing more. Anything more than 1% more than inflation is fine by me

You're the one trying to make a living and income out of gambling on the stock markets etc.
    Compound interest is an amazing thing, and I would say you can make significantly more money with as little a risk of your FTSE 100 tracker over that long a period dripping money into a well managed Fund or IT.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Please elaborate....

PS: I'm not a trader! A trader is someone who is probably executing many trades per week - that's really not me. Lucky if I do one a quarter.
      Markets are not rational, and technical people try to see patterns and simple logic where there is none.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Time will tell. Whether markets are rational or not is not, if it is possible to make money from oversold or overbought markets based on strong technical foundations, control of emotion, then why not?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Tesla -30%

Folks who bought this last week now be like

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Goldman says the market is flashing a warning signal not seen since dot-com bubble - Financial News

DOOM!
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Congrats on making serious $$$ with your TSLA short!

Comment

Goldman says is a great contrarian indicator.

Comment

Not last week but still

At least its a great buying opportunity to make it all back quick.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                    Congrats on making serious $$$ with your TSLA short!
                    100 x leverage n all. If only.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                      It's a little comforting to know I'm not the only one. I fell for the precious metal hype after the financial crisis, and stupidly held all the way down. Ended up with a 90% drawdown. It's recovered a bit in the past couple of months. I'll continue holding because it feels like the start of a new bull market but I ain't got much left to lose if I'm wrong.

Be careful you don't make yourself ill like I did.
                      But in GBP terms, gold is at an all time high, so how can you be down in any way, you should be rolling in it?

Comment

Working...
                      X