• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    Strong recovery from TSLA..crazy really, people investing for potential.

Will be interesting to see what happens if it gets near its top 500 again. Might be another shake. Who knows, not me.
    Indeed and it appears, for once, I seem to have made a good decision as I pumped more money in to it right at the bottom and sitting very pretty at the moment. What happens next I have no idea lol
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      What (trading) site is he on?
      Looking through his past trades and how much money he has lost and is losing I'd guess this one?

How to Make (and Lose) $2,000,000 Day Trading: The System & The Story
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        What (trading) site is he on?
        Assume he’s..

without_worries on tradingview.com

That’s who’s producing the graphs.

Comment

Assume he’s..

without_worries on tradingview.com

That’s who’s producing the graphs.
          I'd be amazed if he is "without worries" the way he gambles large sums.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Indeed and it appears, for once, I seem to have made a good decision as I pumped more money in to it right at the bottom and sitting very pretty at the moment. What happens next I have no idea lol
            Roller Coaster

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              I'd be amazed if he is "without worries" the way he gambles large sums.
              He produces graphs under that name at very short notice, plus lots of german references.

Who knows what he bets.. I don’t think for a second anyone would be stupid enough to put a £250,000 put option to 4500 on the FTSE at this time. I assumed it was BS.

Comment

Looking through his past trades and how much money he has lost and is losing I'd guess this one?

Funnily enough, I stumbled on the above article a few years ago. Can't remember whether I was searching for trading, losing money or depressed middle aged man.

This one is a sobering read on what trading (aka gambling) can do to you.

Stock/Option "trading", I mean, gambling : Gambling Addiction Forum - Psych forums

"It is funny to note that if I had been trading stocks or options since last year, Im sure I would continued over and over again to pick the top of the market by buying put options, and as anyone knows who watches the markets (which have gone straight up since last year) that I would have been wiped out, and I don’t know what kind of person I would be right now, if even alive."
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Why do you think I'm a day trader as per link above?

Thought I was quite clear many times before, that's not who I am. 3-6 trades this years so far.

Agree with the link, day trading is a sure fire way to lose money.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

He produces graphs under that name at very short notice, plus lots of german references.

Who knows what he bets.. I don’t think for a second anyone would be stupid enough to put a £250,000 put option to 4500 on the FTSE at this time. I assumed it was BS.
                    Was hatten Sie Gesehen? Bitte sagt mir.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Why do you think I'm a day trader as per link above?

Thought I was quite clear many times before, that's not who I am. 3-6 trades this years so far.

Agree with the link, day trading is a sure fire way to lose money.
                      I assumed it because in the Crypto trading thread you strarted you mentioned buying different coins and tokens almost every day? Is that not day trading, buying and selling on a daily basis?

Comment

Working...
                      X