• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    He produces graphs under that name at very short notice, plus lots of german references.

Who knows what he bets.. I don’t think for a second anyone would be stupid enough to put a £250,000 put option to 4500 on the FTSE at this time. I assumed it was BS.
    This is true, only a billionaire or madman would throw money like that into the bin.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

FTSE 100 continues downtrend...

I thought it would be clear as crystal by now to everyone - we're in a downtrend and that's not changing anytime soon. The price action channel is taking shape now and continues until August 2021.

Facts are those:

1) We are in a bear market.

2) The trend is lower highs.

Buying during a bear market is asking for trouble. You can make money but you'll be trading ever other week and I don't imagine that speaks for the majority of investors.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        I assumed it because in the Crypto trading thread you strarted you mentioned buying different coins and tokens almost every day? Is that not day trading, buying and selling on a daily basis?
        I really don't. Maybe in 2017... not today though, I've learnt my lesson.

If I'm buying a new crypto, it must have strong fundamentals and be very oversold so I can hold onto to it for 12+ months.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I really don't. Maybe in 2017... not today though, I've learnt my lesson.

If I'm buying a new crypto, it must have strong fundamentals and be very oversold so I can hold onto to it for 12+ months.
          I still struggle to see what you are doing and trying to achieve?

Are you an investor buying the dips long term, or a swing trader? Because you mentioned some pretty big short positions using options not long ago? Or was that for hedging a long term position?

Or is it all about being right and posting charts?

To be honest it isn't very coherent, the charts scream trader but you say you are now an investor?
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

His way out of the third floor broom cupboard in the Thistle Hotel, Heathrow, and on to a better life.

Comment

This is the crux of it, when he loses his imaginary 250K he'll inundate his imaginary broker with "but look at the charts, I'm right, give me my money back!"

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                FTSE 100 continues downtrend...

I thought it would be clear as crystal by now to everyone - we're in a downtrend and that's not changing anytime soon. The price action channel is taking shape now and continues until August 2021.

Facts are those:

1) We are in a bear market.

2) The trend is lower highs.

Buying during a bear market is asking for trouble. You can make money but you'll be trading ever other week and I don't imagine that speaks for the majority of investors.

You do know, that trading and investing are 2 different things, right?

Right?

Are you sure?

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                  Assume he’s..

without_worries on tradingview.com

That’s who’s producing the graphs.
                  Yes, or Scooty is taking this chaps stuff and posting on here

Maybe best if Scooty stick to that site as they seem to like his graphs over there
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Are you an investor buying the dips long term, or a swing trader? Because you mentioned some pretty big short positions using options not long ago? Or was that for hedging a long term position?

That's 3 months now / almost.

I don't even know where that's going. I make mistakes like everyone else. Then I learn something I did not know before.

To be honest it isn't very coherent, the charts scream trader but you say you are now an investor?

below
                    Swing trader is accurate. Just not that frequent. I'm sure 80% of the charts I publish I don't have a position in. Why? Practice. I like doing it / I have the time and it keeps my mind active. The more and more I study the better I get at it, and that benefits me. Also there's a historical record there I'm unable to tamper with.

From time to time people make donations for my analysis, which is cool. Sometimes I'm asked to study a coin or whatever and I will, for free. Why free? Same reason as a entrepreneur / freelancer. Over the years all my direct clients were won with free work. I'd spend 40-60 hours preparing 'identify and propose solution', it was a chance for the client to see the quality of my work and what they could expect.

Friends and family thought I was mad doing work for free. They are were same friends and family criticising my income 'it is not right you get paid that much'. Can't win.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      His way out of the third floor broom cupboard in the Thistle Hotel, Heathrow, and on to a better life.
                      Just you remember that.

Comment

Working...
                      X