• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
    You do know, that trading and investing are 2 different things, right?

Right?

Are you sure?
    Just as I'm sure I hear people telling me they are investing in gold.

I cringe every time I hear that. It's not an investment!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Yes, or Scooty is taking this chaps stuff and posting on here

Maybe best if Scooty stick to that site as they seem to like his graphs over there

Honestly you guys complain there's no charts posted for days / weeks on end. Then when one comes it is opened season. What gives?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Just as I'm sure I hear people telling me they are investing in gold.

I cringe every time I hear that. It's not an investment!
        It is an investment, but I look forward to your half-arsed explanation as to why it isn't.

Comment

Thought I was quite clear many times before, that's not who I am. 3-6 trades this years so far.
          You don't even know how many trades you've made yet you try to convince everyone your tea leaves can predict the future?

Is that because you might need your second hand? I considered, but kindly ruled out, you having 6 fingers on your first hand.
          Last edited by Paralytic; 16 September 2020, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            You don't even know how many trades you've made yet you try to convince everyone your tea leaves can predict the future?

Is that because you might need you? I considered, but kindly ruled out, you having 6 fingers on your first hand.
            3 - 6 = -3

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              It is an investment, but I look forward to your half-arsed explanation as to why it isn't.
              You buy gold as a hedge against inflation. To protect your purchasing power.

Historically speaking, as an investment, gold is awful. You buy it, store it. It does not grow, requires constant expense to protect. It is an awful investment.

Comment

Historically speaking, as an investment, gold is awful. You buy it, store it. It does not grow, requires constant expense to protect. It is an awful investment.
                Firstly you said it's not an investment. Now you say it's an awful investment. An awful investment is a type of investment. So you are saying it is both not an investment and an investment.

Top marks. I'm not disappointed.

Comment

I'm interested to note how buying this low and selling high is a bad investment? Looks no different to many stock prices over a long period.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Firstly you said it's not an investment. Now you say it's an awful investment. An awful investment is a type of investment. So you are saying it is both not an investment and an investment.

Top marks. I'm not disappointed.
                    This is what I find so confusing with this CUK poster. There is no consistency or logic to anything and yet he seems desperate we hang off his every words constantly. Very odd one.
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                      This is what I find so confusing with this CUK poster. There is no consistency or logic to anything and yet he seems desperate we hang off his every words constantly. Very odd one.
                      Kind of amusing to watch though.

Comment

Working...
                      X