• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Gwd I get more understand talking to the cat.
    It's good to know you've finally found your audience.

Comment

Which years? Did in inflation rise 25% during that time? More than likely, so you never actually made a return.

Gwd I get more understand talking to the cat.
      Bought in 2008. Sold 2 or 3 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        I didn't delete the graph, I think there was a session cookie on it or something.

Plus I bought my gold after vote to leave the EU. So in < 5 years I doubled my money in GBP terms.

Anyhow, I said I'm done in this thread, there's nothing of interest to learn here.
        Good man. I did the same. But apparently its not an investment

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
          But apparently its not an investment
          Even if it's not an investment, it's probably a better place to put $250k than a FTSE put option.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Bought in 2008. Sold 2 or 3 years later.
            Years not quite correct - I checked. Bought Feb 2009 and sold Sep to Dec 2010. Made 42% profit (GBP denominated). Pooper can explain why that wasn't an investment / was an awful investment / the profits got eaten up by inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              It's good to know you've finally found your audience.
              Nope. Cat doesn't give a crap either.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Nope. Cat doesn't give a crap either.
                It's been stung before by following pooper's garden mice charts. Ended up losing a month's cat food.

Comment

Years not quite correct - I checked. Bought Feb 2009 and sold Sep to Dec 2010. Made 42% profit (GBP denominated). Pooper can explain why that wasn't an investment / was an awful investment / the profits got eaten up by inflation.

I'm more impressed with your 42% gain in a market that rose 25% using your dates. I must speak with your broker!

What's he called? Paddy power or Shady Shamus? PM the details.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm more impressed with your 42% gain in a market that rose 25% using your dates. I must speak with your broker!

What's he called? Paddy power or Shady Shamus? PM the details.

It's a shame your chart doesn't show the correct dates or the correct currency.

Comment

It's a shame your chart doesn't show the correct dates or the correct currency.
                      Was even less of a return against the pound between Feb 09 to Sep 2010 @ 18%

Look you've been ripped a new one. Caught with your pants down. Suck it up.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X