• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Coming from you
    Them that smelt it dealt it!!!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      He's jealous.

He's also confused how you can make a profit and you didn't even need to draw a graph. How very dare you!!
      I just deposited money with bullionvault. Bought some gold. Sold it in a couple of batches. Worked out the profit. He seems triggered by that.

Comment

Gwd you guys are still taking in this fiction.

Took a close look at the daily, if this trade was +/- 4-days from the lowest point in Feb 09 to the highest as it was in Dec 10, he'd would have 28% rather than 42%. So a hearty congratulations for timing the market. I suck at that. But then he stated selling began in Sep at 18% gain, so how could the overall fund achieve 42%?

Defo smelling something with a high methine content.
        Last edited by scooterscot; 17 September 2020, 21:33.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          I just deposited money with bullionvault. Bought some gold. Sold it in a couple of batches. Worked out the profit. He seems triggered by that.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Gwd you guys are still taking in this fiction.

Took a close look at the daily, if this trade was +/- 4-days from the lowest point in Feb 09 to the highest as it was in Dec 10, he'd would have 28% rather than 42%. So a hearty congratulations for timing the market. I suck at that. But then he stated selling began in Sep at 18% gain, so how could the overall fund achieve 42%?

Defo smelling something with a high methine content.
            So you've stopped posting charts to try to show that it's not possible and now are just trying to give reasons why you don't want to believe me. Given the way this conversation has gone, it's your credibility that is shot to pieces (assuming you ever had any).

There are lots of possible "paths to victory" (42%) for me within the maximum of 52% - costs.

And once again, you've screwed up - where is you 18% from?

09/02/09 - 599 Gold Prices - British Pounds (GBP) - February 2009
            30/09/10 - 832 Gold Prices - British Pounds (GBP) - September 2010

Maximum possible gain - 39%. I know I ripped you a new arsehole but no need to keep pulling numbers out of it.

And as for timing the market - not particularly. I would have done better if I had bought earlier and sold later.

But a 42% profit on an asset in a little under 2 years represents a good investment.

Comment

But a 42% profit on an asset in a little under 2 years represents a good investment.
              There's an even better "investment" opportunity coming up.

It's foretold in the charts that gold is going to crash to $600, so all you need to do is buy a massive put and you'll be rolling in it.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

So you've stopped posting charts to try to show that it's not possible and now are just trying to give reasons why you don't want to .. .blah blah

There are lots of possible "paths to victory" (42%) for me within the maximum of 52% - costs.

And once again, you've screwed up - where is you 18% from?

09/02/09 - 599 Gold Prices - British Pounds (GBP) - February 2009
                30/09/10 - 832 Gold Prices - British Pounds (GBP) - September 2010t.
                Honestly can't be arsed. Why give exact dates? Why is it so important to you to prove your point of view?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Why is it so important to you to prove your point of view?
                  You're on a roll!

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                    There's an even better "investment" opportunity coming up.

It's foretold in the charts that gold is going to crash to $600, so all you need to do is buy a massive put and you'll be rolling in it.
                    A better plan is
                    buy a time machine
                    travel back to 2006
                    buy as much gold as you can at $600

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                      There's an even better "investment" opportunity coming up. .

Absolutely - the stock market was the place to be during his dates. He would have made almost 90% during those same dates. Gold is an awful investment. Effectively he lost half his money by staying in the metal rather than stocks.

The February 09 date is amazing - he timed the market at the exact bottom. I've never known anyone to do that.

Comment

Working...
                      X