• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Gwd you guys are still taking in this fiction.

Took a close look at the daily, if this trade was +/- 4-days from the lowest point in Feb 09 to the highest as it was in Dec 10, he'd would have 28% rather than 42%. So a hearty congratulations for timing the market. I suck at that. But then he stated selling began in Sep at 18% gain, so how could the overall fund achieve 42%?

Defo smelling something with a high methine content.
    Hmmmm, let's think about this. I can believe Greg or believe you. Only one of you is correct. There's Greg, who I believe doesn't post lies or fictitious claims about mega trading transactions ... and then there's you and you postings on this thread.

I must confess, it's a difficult one. Could take me some time to make my call. Scooty or Greg ... Scooty or Greg ..... ?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Hmmmm, let's think about this. I can believe Greg or believe you. Only one of you is correct. There's Greg, who I believe doesn't post lies or fictitious claims about mega trading transactions ... and then there's you and you postings on this thread.

I must confess, it's a difficult one. Could take me some time to make my call. Scooty or Greg ... Scooty or Greg ..... ?
      Why take any side? Leave 'em to it.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Honestly can't be arsed. Why give exact dates? Why is it so important to you to prove your point of view?
        It's not a point of view. It's the facts. The point of exact dates is that they show the maximum possible gain within the parameters that I gave, in contracts to the erroneous maximum possible claims you gave. Trades are made at exact dates and time, you know.

Why is it so important to you to disprove me, especially when you lack the competence to do so? You literally posted bulltulip charts, dates and figures alongside comments such as:

Look you've been ripped a new one. Caught with your pants down. Suck it up.
        and

So not September 2010 but December. Nice. i.e. nice gain or nice we can change the dates to suit the claim.

You'd put Chris Grayling out of a job with calculations like that.
        and

Keep digging...
        But all you've demonstrated is that you're a fool.

I've demonstrated that my claim is feasible and that it didn't require perfect market timing, both of which you attempted to disprove using faulty reasoning.

Now, tell me why gold is an awful investment / not an investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

I've demonstrated that my claim is feasible and that it didn't require perfect market timing, both of which you attempted to disprove using faulty reasoning.

Now, tell me why gold is an awful investment / not an investment.
          You've shown nothing. No evidence.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Why take any side? Leave 'em to it.
            Because Scooty is a dick who talks utter tosh.

And Greg triggers xenophobes and leavers on here.

Win-win
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

As it happens, I'm, not an investor, although I find it an interesting topic, and will get round to it via a pension at some point over the next few years.

This gold investment is the only investment I've ever made. Short story: we were selling the house and buying another one just as the financial crisis was unfolding. At the point of exchange I instructed the solicitor over the phone to sell the house we had and withdraw from the purchase (squeaky bum time with a baby on the way and having a week to find a nice rental). So I had a small pile of money that had been tied up in housing equity on top of my war chest, and I stuck it into gold. So because it's the only investment I've made, I remember it pretty well. For some reason, pooper is really triggered by it. But if I'd wanted to make something up, I could have made up much better timing and doubled my money or whereabouts.

Comment

You've shown nothing. No evidence.
                Are you really saying that I have not demonstrated that my claim is feasible?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Are you really saying that I have not demonstrated that my claim is feasible?
                  The irony of it, coming from Captain Grandiose claims and no evidence. He's triggered beyond belief

Comment

This could all have been avoided if you'd simply acknowledged that someone buying gold for the purpose of asset appreciation rather than consumption could be classified as an investment. It may not be an investment you'd make or recommend, but it can be defined as one. It's bizarre that you continue to refute this

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                      The irony of it, coming from Captain Grandiose claims and no evidence. He's triggered beyond belief
                      It's very odd behaviour by pooper. From Jun 2007 to Sep 2011 peak, gold more than tripled in GBP terms. I just happened to catch some of that run and made a 42% profit. Not sure why that's such a big deal to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X