• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Powerful words.

I have a target. I've bet big on it as you know.
    You've shown nothing. No evidence.
    Put up or shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Great advice I’ve borrowed £20K at 38% APR. what ISA should I invest in ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Bit worried if you’re using Amigo loans.

Loans are like 4%.

My point(which I’m sure you’re aware of) is that you get £20k ISA allowance a year..if you don’t use it..its gone.

Stocks and Shares ISA..drip it in.

Ok, so for example..say you and your wife can put in full allowance a year..makes 10% return..which is bang average..

Year 1 - £44,000
      Year 2 - £92,400
      Year 3 - £145,540
      Year 4 - £204,094
      Year 5 - £268,503
      Year 6 - £339,353
      Year 7 - £417,289
      Year 8 - £503,018
      Year 9 - £597,319
      Year 10 - £701,051

Retire on £70k tax free a year ..maintaining your capital. One year, you need to dip into the pot, but then the next year you might make more interest.

If you can get 15% a year then that’s £933k Year 10 and £140k

Anyway..DYOR as usual, but that’s my strategy based on growth, if people want income, then go for the high paying dividend funds and ITs.

Plenty of people do this to some extent, and a guy called Einstein knew a bit about maths and compound interest..

“Compound interest is the 8th wonder of the world. He who understands it earns it; he who doesn’t, pays it.”

Comment

Powerful words.

I have a target. I've bet big on it as you know.
        Behave. The only way you’ll hit your target is because of Covid and the threat of another “full” lockdown. That’s absolutely nothing to do with your charts.

If there isn’t another “full” lockdown, and if more good vaccine news comes, your toast.

It’s a massive gamble.

Anyway, I’ve sold my THRG.L this morning, and hoping my Fundsmith doesn’t tank too much before the order goes through.

This is to just free up some money in case the rest of my portfolio drops a lot more, when I’ll top up again.

Wanted to get rid of Fundsmith anyway, as I have SSON which has a similar strategy albeit with smaller companies.
        Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 21 September 2020, 09:23.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
          Put up or shut up.

Search the thread, it is well publicised.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If 5720 does not stop the current plummet (the current support) then that'll be very interesting.
            The rebound coincided almost exactly with this post. How do you do that?
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
              Are you long or short and which index. I’m highly negative on ftse and sandp. I also think tech will take a haircut. Short gbp as well

This is worse then 2008. I expect ftse to go sub 5000

This is a continuation of 2008. Still a debt bubble just as it was then. Deflation will come soon enough, before the year end. It'll create a huge number of opportunities, I hope the young get a chance to grab with both hands, they've been shafted over royally.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
                Are you long or short and which index. I’m highly negative on ftse and sandp. I also think tech will take a haircut. Short gbp as well

This is worse then 2008. I expect ftse to go sub 5000
                Let's hope so - I have some cash to put in and be quite nice to buy in low again
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                  The rebound coincided almost exactly with this post. How do you do that?

Rebound? What?? What are you studying the 5 second chart or something?

Comment

Search the thread, it is well publicised.
                    Walter Mitty statements aren't evidence

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Let's hope so - I have some cash to put in and be quite nice to buy in low again
                      How is that 24% doing?

Comment

Working...
                      X