• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    You ought to if you're going to play with derivatives (options) which have an expiry date.
    My limited understanding of the universe says that actions (such as opening or closing a position in a financial market) should occur at specific times in order to capture a move. Therefore without times (or levels) any such observations of the markets are completely meaningless.

Much like this complete thread.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      My limited understanding of the universe says that actions (such as opening or closing a position in a financial market) should occur at specific times in order to capture a move. Therefore without times (or levels) any such observations of the markets are completely meaningless.

Much like this complete thread.
      No one can say with any degree of certainity - They can only make three month or six months predictions which I think are useful as they tell you the shape of the market

Comment

The date of the Put expiries is not the time I'm expecting an 'event' to occur. Massive difference. Thought that was clear.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
          This is criticism about gold etfs not being physically settled. This is not making predictions on market prices and index benchmark numbers
          Oh it is much more than that. Use the search box, I've been bearish on Gold for some while.

Price of spot gold was driven up by indexation / ETF's. What do you think will happen to the price of gold when the same crowd try to dump their paper position? The dollar value of the physical is not relevant until the reset occurs.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Oh it is much more than that. Use the search box, I've been bearish on Gold for some while.

Price of spot gold was driven up by indexation / ETF's. What do you think will happen to the price of gold when the same crowd try to dump their paper position? The dollar value of the physical is not relevant until the reset occurs.
            I still dont understand your forecast - Where are you with gold? What about equities - What about FX? Long / short and what forecast levels

Comment

I still dont understand your forecast - Where are you with gold? What about equities - What about FX? Long / short and what forecast levels

Gold is in a massive bubble.

Circled in orange below you can see RSI is at historical high levels. At these levels a crash always occurs. Always. There is no if but this time it is different.

Two things will trigger a gold sell off:

1) The collapse of HSBC ETF's

2) The rise of dollar index, which has now bottomed out. So in regards to your FX question, dollar is about to climb, and hard. Everyone on the planet is expecting the opposite to happen because the read it in the paper the FED is printing lots of money.

Comment

Ok i m bullish usd vs GBP

Not so involved in commodities

Short ftse / sandp

Thats my trade that id put on

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  The date of the Put expiries is not the time I'm expecting an 'event' to occur. Massive difference. Thought that was clear.
                  But you need the FTSE to tank before it expires, otherwise it will end up worthless. No?
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                    But you need the FTSE to tank before it expires, otherwise it will end up worthless. No?
                    No.

He has a magical PUT, it was traded for his dad’s cow on his way to the market, it never expires.

I have a magical PUT as well on the FTSE hitting 7500 at some time in my life.

£100,000,000 I will win.
                    Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 21 September 2020, 15:05.

Comment

Ok i m bullish usd vs GBP

Not so involved in commodities

Short ftse / sandp

Thats my trade that id put on
                      Plenty of bull with you that's for sure.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X