• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Because I don't care for pennies on the dollar trading every other day during market swings. That's a 'get rich quick' mentality.
    So, come on, give us the dates on your bet. You're told us the bet is for FTSE to drop to 4500. When does this have to be called by? Very simple question. Can't answer this? Your bet is as fake as your graphs.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

My best return this year was 3000% - could have made 4000% but chose not to be greedy. Charts - just funny lines isn't it?

Utrust (UTK) vs USD (and BTC) for OKEX:UTKUSDT by without_worries — TradingView
      That's an epic result. Does that include all your trades that are still open but currently loss making? Or do you not count those in your profit and loss?

I mean if I can get 30x return with some consistency, I'm basically a billionaire in a very short time with compounding.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Those are oscillators I'm using, not variables. What university was it you graduated from?

You above all people should know probabilisitic analysis is a stochastic process of independent of deterministic variables subject to constant change.

Comment

Unfortunately I only put $14k into it, but hey $420k is not a bad result for 4 months work.

My only loss this year is my Ether short position, which is still open. I close it now, it is a confirmed loss - you'll all see soon enough why I don't use stop losses.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

My best return this year was 3000% - could have made 4000% but chose not to be greedy. Charts - just funny lines isn't it?

Utrust (UTK) vs USD (and BTC) for OKEX:UTKUSDT by without_worries — TradingView
            Funny that you didn't tell us about this until now (even though you only made 5 trades this year) and yet you're always telling us about a FTSE bet that you refuse to confirm any details on.

Hmm

Comment

Unfortunately I only put $14k into it, but hey $420k is not a bad result for 4 months work.

My only loss this year is my Ether short position, which is still open. I close it now, it is a confirmed loss - you'll all see soon enough why I don't use stop losses.
              That's hope and pray mentality. Every account has a built in stop loss called a margin call or you personally going bankrupt. I hope you know that.

$420K is a very impressive amount, but you have to take the open losses into context too. They might not be closed trades, but they are ongoing losses.

Comment

I have a new sig :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Funny that you didn't tell us about this until now (even though you only made 5 trades this year) and yet you're always telling us about a FTSE bet that you refuse to confirm any details on.

Hmm
                  I've lots of trades on Tradingview that are publicly available I'm not going to copy them all here. Some I'm exposed to others not, I don't like holding more than 5 positions. When your portfolio reaches a certain dollar value you' be the same.

Do you want the next 1000% sure thing? There's a few stand out obvious ones.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - The number of times this has been proven true, it is uncanny.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    That's hope and pray mentality. Every account has a built in stop loss called a margin call or you personally going bankrupt. I hope you know that.

$420K is a very impressive amount, but you have to take the open losses into context too. They might not be closed trades, but they are ongoing losses.
                    The leveraged short position required no collateral.

Nice signature.

Comment

Soooo you put £10k into Centrica to make £5k and crowed about that, but not when you 'make' $420k? Of course you did.

Comment

Working...
                      X