• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Soooo you put £10k into Centrica to make £5k and crowed about that, but not when you 'make' $420k? Of course you did.
    Probably made on a demo account with a trading broker.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Those are oscillators I'm using, not variables. What university was it you graduated from?

You above all people should know probabilisitic analysis is a stochastic process independent of deterministic variables subject to constant change.
      Probabilistic analysis isn't a stochastic process, dumb arse. Probabilistic analysis is analysing something within the framework of probability theory. A stochastic process has nothing to do with analysis, dumb arse. Stochastic processes may be composed of random and deterministic components, dumb arse. Change and randomness are two different things, dumb arse.

If you really had the masters degree that you claim, you obviously went to an utterly crap university and probably didn't graduate.

Comment

So, come on, give us the dates on your bet. You're told us the bet is for FTSE to drop to 4500. When does this have to be called by? Very simple question. Can't answer this? Your bet is as fake as your graphs.
        Based on a few things he's said, my guess is end of October.

If FTSE drops to 4500, he'll get the $250k back + profit.

If FTSE stays above 5500, I suspect he'll lose the entire $250k.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Probabilistic analysis isn't a stochastic process, dumb arse. Probabilistic analysis is analysing something within the framework of probability theory. A stochastic process has nothing to do with analysis, dumb arse. Stochastic processes may be composed of random and deterministic components, dumb arse. Change and randomness are two different things, dumb arse.

If you really had the masters degree that you claim, you obviously went to an utterly crap university and probably didn't graduate.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Strange date to choose - it's pre US election, pre Brexit cliff fall, pre possible peak of CV19, likely pre CV19 vaccine news. Markets change drastically usually due to external factors. Can see the market drifting around the 6k mark until something external and significant happens, until then the sensible money will profit take and drip back in to keep the balance ticking over but no one knows where the market is heading so only the arrogant or stupid will be making big bets
            Last edited by Whorty; 23 September 2020, 11:53.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Strange date to choose - it's pre US election, pre Brexit cliff fall, pre possible peak of CV19, likely pre CV19 vaccine news. Markets change drastically usually due to external factors. Can see the market drifting around the 6k mark until something external and significant happens, until then the sensible money will profit take and drip back in to keep the balance ticking over but no one knows where the market is heading so only the arrogant or stupid will be making big bets
              You can get longer-dated options but you pay a higher premium.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Soooo you put £10k into Centrica to make £5k and crowed about that, but not when you 'make' $420k? Of course you did.
                I think it was around $25k into centrica in the end, dollar cost averaged in - remember?

But this is why I don't bother with the stock market, the crypto space has far more possibilities.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  Probably made on a demo account with a trading broker.
                  Exactly - that's what it woz.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Oh dear.

Is there any probabilistic analysis you can name that is not an analysis of a stochastic process? Throwing a dice for example - how would you describe the results of this process without probability theory?
                      Last edited by scooterscot; 23 September 2020, 15:21.

Comment

Working...
                      X