• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Oh dear.

Is there any probabilistic analysis you can name that is not an analysis of a stochastic process? Throwing a dice for example - how you describe the results of this process without probability theory?
    The words "analysis" and "process" and "variable" have meanings beyond your comprehension, scootie. This is self-evident from the way you conflate them.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      You can get longer-dated options but you pay a higher premium.
      Higher premium = larger losses

He isn't being honest with his dates and numbers so it's all bull. Just like the 3000% profit he claimed earlier.

He was very open and pleased with himself about the £10k (now he's claiming £25k) on Centrica and 50% profit, yet he never mentioned until today this $420k profit .... that's not how Scooty works.

Same with this FTSE bet he has - if it was real he would state him put date but every time he's asked he deflects and changes the topic. It's not a real trade - it's either on his spreadsheet only, or as you say on a trading game site.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

There does seem to be a lot of rubbish posted on this thread. Like I've said I don't believe there is any useful knowledge, ideas or anything to be gained, it's a little like this to me.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          There does seem to be a lot of rubbish posted on this thread. Like I've said I don't believe there is any useful knowledge, ideas or anything to be gained, it's a little like this to me.

It's just for the LOLZ at pooper's expense.

Comment

Holly feck, US stocks taking a hammering - Whorty over to you...
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Holly feck, US stocks taking a hammering - Whorty over to you...
              You saw this in the charts and you are making big bucks on some trades?
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

yes and no
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Death of the Celtic Tiger... NSFW
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

He isn't being honest with his dates and numbers so it's all bull. Just like the 3000% profit he claimed earlier.

He was very open and pleased with himself about the £10k (now he's claiming £25k) on Centrica and 50% profit, yet he never mentioned until today this $420k profit .... that's not how Scooty works.

Same with this FTSE bet he has - if it was real he would state him put date but every time he's asked he deflects and changes the topic. It's not a real trade - it's either on his spreadsheet only, or as you say on a trading game site.
                    Yep, very hard to tell what is real.

He seems a bit unhinged but maybe that's just his online persona.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

But if someone makes a 42% profit on gold within a stretch when it triples in value, he freaks out.

Comment

Working...
                      X