• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Holly feck, US stocks taking a hammering - Whorty over to you...
    It’s all relative.

Anyone who’s been in US Tech this year have had amazing returns. Even a 20% correction would still mean large profits over the longer period.

Anyway, Tech is the new defensive play.

Comment

Holly feck, US stocks taking a hammering - Whorty over to you...
      A 2% drop isn't a hammering when the markets have been flipping up and down by these values for months now.

Maybe it's time to drop a few more £k into the US fund to buy more units

What you still don't get is I'm NOT a trader. This is my long term savings fund, sitting in my tax free ISA, to be drawn down on when I retire fully in 20 years time. A few % drop now will be recovered and some more by the time I retire and need to cash in
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

yes and no
        Yes in his fantasy world ....

No in the real world ....

Last edited by Whorty; 24 September 2020, 10:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          But if someone makes a 42% profit on gold within a stretch when it triples in value, he freaks out.
          Exactly - his lack of consistency is what makes him stand out as less than truthful.

If he had genuinely made $420k this year then as a successful trader he would also be pleased with others making money.

He'd also have told us about this massive return, as he did for his few grand return on Centrica; a trade he was crowing about for weeks as if it was unusual for him to make so much on a single trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            A 2% drop isn't a hammering when the markets have been flipping up and down by these values for months now.

What you still don't get is I'm NOT a trader. This is my long term savings fund, sitting in my tax free ISA, to be drawn down on when I retire fully in 20 years time. A few % drop now will be recovered and some more by the time I retire and need to cash in
            It's a hammering if you're an emotional train wreck like Suity.

Comment

It's a hammering if you're an emotional train wreck like Suity.
              Remember he only makes 5-6 trades a year though, and he’s not invested in equities, apart from a £250,000 PUT option on the FTSE 100 tanking.

Strange he’s getting excited about Nasdaq dropping 2% after a Stella year.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

If it talks like one, walks like one...

Certainly a gambler. Dipping in and out every 5 minutes - this is emotional loaded trading on steroids.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                  Remember he only makes 5-6 trades a year though, and he’s not invested in equities, apart from a £250,000 PUT option on the FTSE 100 tanking.

Strange he’s getting excited about Nasdaq dropping 2% after a Stella year.
                  Cause they are all connected. Hope that alleviates the strange for you.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If it talks like one, walks like one...

Certainly a gambler. Dipping in and out every 5 minutes - this is emotional loaded trading on steroids.

Comment

But if someone makes a 42% profit on gold within a stretch when it triples in value, he freaks out.
                      He also demanded evidence, but provides none with his 3000% gain. Suspect.

Comment

Working...
                      X