• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Think we're on the way to seeing a major correction. PBC and others I'm subscribed to (not selling anything) have for the past few days suggesting / indicating we're about to see a major correction in US stock markets and then spreading.
    Oh I beg to differ.

A picture speaks a thousand words so they say, read em:

PS: The correction is nothing to do with Covid-19. It may have accelerated the matter, however it is not responsible for the macro trend I started this thread on. The underlying cause is the same as it was in 2008. DEBT.
    Thread started on 21 Feb 2018. FTSE 100 was 7282. Your chart shows a higher figure. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Yes. Took me <5 seconds to see Midland in the list, and to realise that my initial hunch that poopsies would be talking crap was correct.
      I went straight there too as I worked for Midland at the time it was rebranded to HSBC. Quite a few banks in Scooty's list are banks that were swallowed by HSBC. He really doesn't help himself.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Market creeping back to 6000 again today. Just need Scooty to come along and tell us what the new testing point is

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Market creeping back to 6000 again today. Just need Scooty to come along and tell us what the new testing point is
          HSBC shares has rebound after its chinese shareholders have increased their stake.
          Scooty said it was going to be bankrupt any time.
          Thankfully no one here takes his advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            HSBC shares has rebound after its chinese shareholders have increased their stake.
            That's unbelievable as scooty said it was going to be bankrupt any time.
            Pooper Contrarian Indicator strikes again.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              So, what you are saying (and, its remember, you, and only you, chose where to draw the lines on your chart) is that if this "trend" continues, the "correction" point on your chart could actually end higher than when this actually started started. You really are a laughing stock.
              I see you're at stage 2.

Stage 1: First they ignore you.

Stage 2: Then they laugh at you.

Stage 3: Then they fight you.

Stage 4: Then you win.

The 'lines' I've drawn mark out the 'golden ratio' where previous corrections have found support.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Thread started on 21 Feb 2018. FTSE 100 was 7282. Your chart shows a higher figure. Why is that?
                It is a monthly chart. The candle I'm marking out includes both values. I suppose I could have pointed the arrow a little lower.

Pedant.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  Scooty said it was going to be bankrupt any time.
                  Thankfully no one here takes his advice.
                  If you say it is advice it must be so. Good luck to you.

Have you other advice for us?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Day trader.

Comment

Day trader.

Comment

Working...
                      X