• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Clearly you can't teach mince like pooper. But it's fun to mock.
    It isn't even that fun to mock him anymore - more like muscle memory. He's just too thick. It's like mocking a rock.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      If you say it is advice it must be so. Good luck to you.

Have you other advice for us?
      How are your $250k FTSE put options doing ? when do they expire ?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        The trend, since the crash caused ONLY by CV19, is flat around the 6000 mark. I get that you don't want that, or even need that, to be the case, but that is the trend. For someone who talks of trends, you conveniently ignore the current trend (for months now) on the FTSE.

blah blah dying of old age.

Stock markets cannot are not measured in daily trends, there's no such thing. You've got to look with a monthly lens.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          So, what you are saying (and, its remember, you, and only you, chose where to draw the lines on your chart) is that if this "trend" continues, the "correction" point on your chart could actually end higher than when this actually started started. You really are a laughing stock.
          Study is great.... my put confidence took another boost. Had an alarm on the dollar index (the value of the dollar against a basket of other popular currencies).

Dollar breaks out of its downtrend, price action now diverging with volatility (bottom box).

We're on the very of a huge market event - so exciting.

Thread started on 21 Feb 2018. FTSE 100 was 7282. Your chart shows a higher figure. Why is that?
          It is a monthly chart. The candle I'm marking out includes both values. I suppose I could have pointed the arrow a little lower.

Pedant.
          No it doesn't. The bottom of the candle you point to is above the 7350 line. Why don't you just engage honestly and accurately?

Stock markets cannot are not measured in daily trends, there's no such thing. You've got to look with a monthly lens.
          It would help if you could identify the correct month on a simple chart.

Comment

What next, hour minute and second?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              How are your $250k FTSE put options doing ? when do they expire ?
              He won't answer when it expires as it's a fake trade. He will deflect; honesty is not his strong suit .... and that's compared against his other 'skills' like graph drawing and market analysis
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

What next, hour minute and second?
                Getting the correct month would be a start.

Comment

Ok, let's try that ... I'll pick out the closing positions for the last few months ...

March: 5816
                  Apr : 6115
                  May : 6218
                  Jun : 6225
                  Jul : 6131
                  Aug : 5963
                  Sep : 5942 (today)

These are end of month positions. Within months the FTSE is floating above and below 6000. I can't be arsed to do the calcs, but I'd be pretty sure that if we tested the daily position against an average of 6000 during this period, we could conclude that 6000 is the mean.

Your constant narrative that the FTSE trend is down and going to hit 4500 or lower is false.
                  Last edited by Whorty; 28 September 2020, 12:35.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Ok, let's try that ... I'll pick out the closing positions for the last few months ...

March: 5816
                    Apr : 6115
                    May : 6218
                    Jun : 6225
                    Jul : 6131
                    Aug : 5963
                    Sep : 5942 (today)

These are end of month positions. Within months the FTSE is floating above and below 6000. I can't be arsed to do the calcs, but I'd be pretty sure that if we tested the daily position against an average of 6000 during this period, we could conclude that 6000 is the mean.

Your constant narrative that the FTSE trend is down and going to hit 4500 or lower is false.
                    We don't know whether it's going to hit 4500, so that part is not false.

Comment

Japan's little-known Nikkei 500 hits record high, outperforms U.S. S&P 500

Meanwhile..

Japan'''s little-known Nikkei 500 hits record high, outperforms U.S. S&P 500

Mentioned the Japanese market a few times here. As I said before, my IT(BGS) is performing stella.

Top fund managers, good previous performance in a country that unlike us, had handled covid well. I already had it in my portfolio, but increased % after selling my emerging markets IT(JMG) due to India exposure.

As no one has a view on any market apart from the FTSE and S&P500, just pointing out there are others.

Comment

Working...
                      X