• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    You mentioned falling knife in another post, Lloyds has been a falling knife for ever now..what was it..like £8 right?

Ok..my advice from someone who’s worked there is this. If you want to invest in them, then know “exactly” your price target, and “timeline”.

I won’t invest with them, and yes if they start paying decent dividends again, the price may well go up, but knowing what I know, I can’t see it ever recovering enough for me to go near it.

As I say it is a technical trade. A very safe one in fact. I'm not looking for long term investment on this one. Taking a wait and see approach.

This is my 10-day chart. Black circles on the lower oscillator indicator the Money flow, as you can see money is flowing back into this stock following an oversold condition. I don't know why, I just know that it is.

Then there's that 10-day candle. Wow. Crazy upward momentum.

Then there's the weekly chart at the bottom showing up 'bullish divergence', oscillators trend upward whilst price action trends down (this is why I'm waiting for confirmation of trend reversal as you don't know for sure where the divergence will end unless you're willing to gamble)

This trade is easy money. Probably put the profits in Pearson.

Weekly bullish divergence

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Don't be so quick to catch a falling knife.
      The trend is your friend.
      Did someone get a new Trading Clichés (Try to Impress the Internet) book for their birthday?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Talk that the US markets are already trading (pre opening) about 2% down. Buy, buy, buy .....

UK and Europe not doing much again.
        Let’s wait and see how ill POTUS is first.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
          Let’s wait and see how ill POTUS is first.
          I'm interested to see how much value the markets place on their sitting president.

Interesting to see if he is like Boris and posts videos early on in his illness to show him still working, or whether Trump will hide away behind his Twitter account.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            Did someone get a new Trading Clichés (Try to Impress the Internet) book for their birthday?
            Page 42 is a thriller.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              I'm interested to see how much value the markets place on their sitting president.

Interesting to see if he is like Boris and posts videos early on in his illness to show him still working, or whether Trump will hide away behind his Twitter account.
              Market makers don’t care, they make money whether prices go up or down. What they love is uncertainty.

Like I said, going to wait to see how ill he is first, as if he does a Boris, can see US shares falling further. Either way, with you on sentiment.

Comment

So my take on this is:

- buy BP and IAG because ultimately they will still have relevance in this world.
                - avoid LLOY and Pearson because WTF have they got to offer anyone, I mean really.

Interesting that Scoots went off into his own mental rampage without considering the longer term timeframe I had indicated.

Comment

You said 2-years. You expect price to recover in that time? Interesting.

Mental rampage? Mmmokay.

Comment

Page 42 is a thriller.
                    Page 69 is a feast for the senses
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Trumps got no more than a sniffle.

Markets recovering.

Comment

Working...
                      X