• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backing to proper investing.

Anyone got a view on Alibaba(BABA) and why?

I’ve already mentioned one of the positive reasons I know in a previous post, and although I’m not directly invested, its one of the reasons I’m keeping my core holding in place even though it’s at a record high “right now”.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
      Backing to proper investing.

Anyone got a view on Alibaba(BABA) and why?

I’ve already mentioned one of the positive reasons I know in a previous post, and although I’m not directly invested, its one of the reasons I’m keeping my core holding in place even though it’s at a record high “right now”.
      I have a view. It is currently overvalued (alot).

PEG is high, PE is high, PB is high

Earnings growth does not support valuation.

PS You should create a new thread "investing - no gamblers or day traders please"
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Because he just pollutes the thread with absolute garbage to the point no one takes it seriously anymore. If he'd shut up and let other people have a say without lording it over them with graphs and commentry which has been proven to be wrong time and time again then things might change...but they won't.
        He reminds me of Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          I have a view. It is currently overvalued (alot).

PEG is high, PE is high, PB is high

Earnings growth does not support valuation.

PS You should create a new thread "investing - no gamblers or day traders please"
          emerging markets stocks always have very high PE due to forecasted growth

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            emerging markets stocks always have very high PE due to forecasted growth
            But Alibaba is even high compared with other online retailers. I was looking at the listing in the USA, so comparing it with other US listed online retailers.

Forecasted growth by analysts did not support the valuation.

But then since when has reality had anything to do with stock valuations?

Other than that, know knows?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Because he just pollutes the thread with absolute garbage to the point no one takes it seriously anymore. If he'd shut up and let other people have a say without lording it over them with graphs and commentry which has been proven to be wrong time and time again then things might change...but they won't.
              He uses the flawed charts to paper over his character flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                But Alibaba is even high compared with other online retailers. I was looking at the listing in the USA, so comparing it with other US listed online retailers.

Forecasted growth by analysts did not support the valuation.

But then since when has reality had anything to do with stock valuations?

Other than that, know knows?
                Alibaba owns a 33% share of Ant Group.

Ant Groups upcoming IPO is listing 10% of stocks and is projected to raise circa $20 billion($200 billion company valuation), which values Alibaba share of the business at around $67 billion.

$200 Billion company valuation is conservative as well.

Comment

Alibaba

Beyond astounding you guys see a buy opportunity here.

Go'an, fill yer boots. I dare you.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                    Alibaba owns a 33% share of Ant Group.

Ant Groups upcoming IPO is listing 10% of stocks and is projected to raise circa $20 billion($200 billion company valuation), which values Alibaba share of the business at around $67 billion.

$200 Billion company valuation is conservative as well.
                    Then you have answered your own question.

Comment

See Lloyds rallied to 28p today. Did I FOMO? No sir. Waiting for confirmation of trend reversal. How many here would have FOMO'd I wonder...
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X