• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Beyond astounding you guys see a buy opportunity here.

Go'an, fill yer boots. I dare you.

Baselined for posterity.

Comment

..and there lies the dichotomy.

Not saying anyone should buy the stock. I’m interested because my core holding has both Alibaba and Ant Group in its portfolio.

I only look at the top 5 holdings or so, but I’m keen to keep a breast of my own investments. Would be stupid not to imo.

Comment

See Lloyds rallied to 28p today. Did I FOMO? No sir. Waiting for confirmation of trend reversal. How many here would have FOMO'd I wonder...
        It’s back under 27p now.

You could have bought it at 25.98(ish) pence the day you said you were going to buy it, but then you had a limit buy at 25p.

So you don’t actually know what’s going to happen, but imo there’s a good chance you’ll get your 25p one day.

In the meanwhile, instead of timing the market, I just stayed invested and trundled another 1.2% growth into my portfolio today.

Comment

This, and your last post, are where you let yourself down (well, that and the graphs). Very emotional. You seem to get triggered when someone else comes up with an idea.

I mean, come on, "I dare you" - really?!? If you are trying to convince people to listen to your investment advice then maybe be a little bit more mature
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Well EUA up 47% in the last 7 days.

Retirement beckons...

YMMV
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Well EUA up 47% in the last 7 days.

Retirement beckons...

YMMV
              Last 3 trading days..

13.33%
              27.06%
              8.33%

Nice. I hope to god you’re joking about retirement.

Been there, done that when I was younger and reckless. Too many sharks swim in those waters.

You think you have a sound investment and then find out they have cooked the books due to lack of regulations.

Also, never forget, that in order to sell a stock, you need to have a buyer, so stop-losses won’t help you if they go into free fall which is what might happen if the buyer they have drops out and they run out of money and in comes a rights issue so they can keep operating.
              Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 5 October 2020, 16:24.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                Last 3 trading days..

13.33%
                27.06%
                8.33%

Nice. I hope to god you’re joking about retirement.

Been there, done that when I was younger and reckless. Too many sharks swim in those waters.

You think you have a sound investment and then find out they have cooked the books due to lack of regulations.
                Thanks for your note of concern - I am joking about retirement "Barry the truck driver" won't let me retire, I'll die in front of a keyboard.

I'm not investing, I'm riding the waves of volatility.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                  It’s back under 27p now.

You could have bought it at 25.98(ish) pence the day you said you were going to buy it, but then you had a limit buy at 25p.

So you don’t actually know what’s going to happen, but imo there’s a good chance you’ll get your 25p one day.

In the meanwhile, instead of timing the market, I just stayed invested and trundled another 1.2% growth into my portfolio today.
                  I don't day trade. In fact I'm a very poor swing trader.

Never do I try to time the market. With Lloyds I'm waiting for confirmation of an uptrend. This is managing risk.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    This, and your last post, are where you let yourself down (well, that and the graphs). Very emotional. You seem to get triggered when someone else comes up with an idea.

I mean, come on, "I dare you" - really?!? If you are trying to convince people to listen to your investment advice then maybe be a little bit more mature
                    Pot calling kettle black.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Never do I try to time the market.
                      Why do you keep lying about this, do you think if you make this fictitious claim enough it will stick?

Comment

Working...
                      X