• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Because that's not TA anymore. Generally I'm only interested in TA.
    “Games are won by players who focus on the playing field — not by those whos eyes are glued to the scoreboard”

Warren Buffett

Comment

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Because that's not TA anymore. Generally I'm only interested in TA.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

What does tell you?
          You're an idiot.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi Scoots,

You remind me a bit of a contractor I used to work with.

He quit the day job about 10 years ago to try and make money in the markets (using TA as it happens). There was an initial honeymoon period, of about a year or so, but after about 5 years it wasn't working out. (He would have done far better sticking his money in an index tracker.)

He tried to get back into IT but found it nigh impossible after such a long break. I lost touch with him a couple of years ago but last I heard he wasn't in a very good place.

Be careful you don't look back with regret in a few years. (You definitely don't want to end up like me!)

BTW, I do wonder if riding that crypto crash to the bottom has left lasting scars. Maybe you are (subconsciously) trying to win the money back?
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Meanwhile back in FTSE land, 5960 looks broken and 6000 now in range.

All the bears are hoping that “The Donald” wakes up dead.

Which is funny because I thought they just traded the charts.

Oh..and LLOY almost up 3%.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                That's the scientific method. Exactly how I like to do my analysis.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                  Meanwhile back in FTSE land, 5960 looks broken and 6000 now in range.

All the bears are hoping that “The Donald” wakes up dead.

Which is funny because I thought they just traded the charts.

Oh..and LLOY almost up 3%.
                  The best outcome for the bears would be:

Get well soon..
                  ..then lose the election
                  ...then get prosecuted
                  ....then declare yourself bankrupted again

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    You're an idiot.
                    So nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                      Hi Scoots,

You remind me a bit of a contractor I used to work with.

He quit the day job about 10 years ago to try and make money in the markets (using TA as it happens). There was an initial honeymoon period, of about a year or so, but after about 5 years it wasn't working out. (He would have done far better sticking his money in an index tracker.)

He tried to get back into IT but found it nigh impossible after such a long break. I lost touch with him a couple of years ago but last I heard he wasn't in a very good place.

Be careful you don't look back with regret in a few years. (You definitely don't want to end up like me!)

BTW, I do wonder if riding that crypto crash to the bottom has left lasting scars. Maybe you are (subconsciously) trying to win the money back?

Sorry to hear about that.

I can't speak for the success or failure of others. Investing is not easy.

If you rode the 2017 bubble to over £1m and watch erode you'd have scars too You'd not be human otherwise. I learnt a lot following that time. Invested in education (so much of which married well with my post grad education) and the support of Mrs Scooter was how should say, she is the moonlight in my darkest hour and supported my decision throughout as I moved away from contracting. That was now almost 2 years ago.

How to succeed? Two things pop out immediately:

1) Believe in yourself. It seems to me the more I study the more success I seem to have. Believe in yourself. You'll be amazed the speed with which others come over with the putdowns as you climb.

2) Control your emotions. Perhaps this should be number (1). It goes without saying, if you're making decisions on 'belief' you're asking for trouble.

3) Have a strategy. Don't even think about investing without one.

4) Avoid the news. The news is poison. Your agenda the MSM agenda are worlds apart. Avoid.

Comment

Working...
                      X