• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK stocks will bounce back – make sure your portfolio is adequately positioned | MoneyWeek

These lot have been there or thereabouts on their calls through Covid times. You could always rely on them for some doom but they are being slightly optimistic. Pile in ? Pile out ? Or stay half in half out ?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      The best outcome for the bears would be:

Get well soon..
      ..then lose the election
      ...then get prosecuted
      ....then declare yourself bankrupted again
      Banks are doing well..keep an eye on your confirmation of an uptrend.

Oh..it’s nothing to do with news or anything of course.

The fact Boris has just announced 95% mortgages for everyone will have little or no effect on companies that provide the majority of mortgages right

...sorry, just saw your post about ignoring the news as investment strategy. Ignore my previous paragraph..not important.
      Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 6 October 2020, 13:24.

Comment

There'll always be an abundance of opportunities. Keep that in mind before thinking 'I've got to get in quick, there'll never have an opportunity like this again!'.

Lloyds & Pearson look like the strongest contenders for the months ahead, in my opinion.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
          Banks are doing well..keep an eye on your confirmation of an uptrend..
          Even though Lloyds is going up up up - I'm not biting. Not until confirmation.

We can see price action has burst through resistance with oomph on the 8-hour chart. When it retraces and confirms that previous resistance as support, that'll be my green light.

This is not easy. Gone through a packet of incense already trying not to FOMO in.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Banks are doing well..keep an eye on your confirmation of an uptrend.

Oh..it’s nothing to do with news or anything of course.

The fact Boris has just announced 95% mortgages for everyone will have little or no effect on companies that provide the majority of mortgages right

...sorry, just saw your post about ignoring the news as investment strategy. Ignore my previous paragraph..not important.

How come my charts were bullish on Lloyds before the news?!! Answer that!!

Comment

How come my charts were bullish on Lloyds before the news?!! Answer that!!
              You're the ultimate stopped clock.

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every now and again

etc

Comment

We can see price action has burst through resistance with oomph on the 8-hour chart.
                No, you can see it.

Ideas and Forecasts on LLOYDS BANKING GROUP PLC ORD 10P — LSE:LLOY — TradingView — UK

Comment

Was guys on that site predicting the rise back in July, and that was at 30p !! From then it dropped back to almost 25p.

Comment

Was guys on that site predicting the rise back in July, and that was at 30p !! From then it dropped back to almost 25p.
                    But they were technically correct.

Comment

Click on the name and check the reputation score before paying attention to someones idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X