• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Anyone who just piled into the US stock markets will be like now.
    I piled out of the S&P three weeks ago. Not because I think it's going to crash, but because the currency risk is too great w/ the brexit endgame in sight (could hedge, of course, but I had a few tens of k in a straightforward index tracker). The FTSE 100 probably won't do too well out of a deal for the same reason (given the international exposure) - small-caps would be better.

Comment

Tomorrow will be interesting, thats for sure.

Not sure its going to affect me much with my 8 years(to go) plan.

Comment

They haven't dropped much have they? S&P closed down 1.4% and the 2 other markets aren't much different. You think they'll drop lower tomorrow?

Anyone else think Trump knows he's gonna lose so he's going for a scorched Earth approach? The next month will be fun
        Last edited by Whorty; 6 October 2020, 21:21.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          They haven't dropped much have they? S&P closed down 1.4% and the 2 other markets aren't much different. You think they'll drop lower tomorrow?

Anyone else think Trump knows he's gonna lose so he's going for a scorched Earth approach? The next month will be fun
          Asian markets paid little attention.

The general feeling appears to be that of “treading water” for a while.

Stimulus is coming though.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
            Asian markets paid little attention.

The general feeling appears to be that of “treading water” for a while.

Stimulus is coming though.
            Pooper has gone very quiet about his FTSE put. 4500 by the end of October we are to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Pooper has gone very quiet about his FTSE put. 4500 by the end of October we are to believe.
              He's rolled the put option forward (extended it) until the end of November.

I hope he can come out of it without too much damage. (I know, I'm a bit of a softy me. )
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                He's rolled the put option forward (extended it) until the end of November.

I hope he can come out of it without too much damage. (I know, I'm a bit of a softy me. )
                If the put is real, then his $420K crypto winnings is real right?

Comment

Trump tweets for standalone bill for stimulus checks; futures rise

Oct. 7, 2020 5:26 AM ET|About: S&P 500 Futures (SPX)|By: Kim Khan, SA News Editor
                  President Trump continues to ease off his earlier shutdown of all stimulus negotiations, calling on Speaker Pelosi to agree to a clean bill on just $1,200 stimulus checks.

"If I am sent a Stand Alone Bill for Stimulus Checks ($1,200), they will go out to our great people IMMEDIATELY. I am ready to sign right now. Are you listening Nancy?" he tweeted.

A little more than an hour before market close yesterday, Trump sent stocks sharply into the red after he declared there would be no more negotiations on a stimulus bill until after the election.

So in other words, Trump randomly tweets and drops the market, then his advisors try and calm him, and he softens.

Or...he’s a crook, and his mates are making millions shorting the market just before each tweet.

Comment

He appears to want to sign a cheque personally to each American again. Just ahead of the election. How transparent can it get?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      He appears to want to sign a cheque personally to each American again. Just ahead of the election. How transparent can it get?
                      https://www.amazon.com/DONALD-Americ.../dp/B07KQJKMXL
                      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                      X