• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    A bloke you meet down the pub says he makes a killing in the markets. He recounts $420k of winning trades he's made.

He says he's just bought $250k of XXX. You follow XXX for the next few weeks and it's losing badly.

Which do you think is real?

The odd thing about having money to invest is how others without perceive you. Mrs Scooter and I first began to see this with family. We made the (not so obvious to us at the time) mistake of offering to help family and friends and just got absolutely nowhere.

It is a blessing and a curse at times. Spending more time with family watching the kids grow up is a mega +
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      The odd thing about having money to invest is how others without perceive you. Mrs Scooter and I first began to see this with family. We made the (not so obvious to us at the time) mistake of offering to help family and friends and just got absolutely nowhere.

It is a blessing and a curse at times. Spending more time with family watching the kids grow up is a mega +
      I hope you were offering to help them with money and not with investment advice.

Comment

£400k was enough for you to be able to help family? Wow, things must be cheap up north! Like the equivalent of a southerner winning £20m on the lottery I guess.

Comment

Beyond astounding you guys see a buy opportunity here.

Go'an, fill yer boots. I dare you.

I don’t recommend buys, just discuss stocks I have an indirect interest in.

This one has just hit an all time high.
          Last edited by BABABlackSheep; 7 October 2020, 14:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I hope you were offering to help them with money and not with investment advice.
            both

I'd say about 30-40% of family either side were in, as such it has allowed the mothers to re-tire and not worry about income.

Would love to know if others have experienced this predicament. Sure it comes across ostentatious, but really there was a desire to assist financially but it does not work. Oddly enough it tends to be more one side of the family than the other!
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              According to poopsies, Covid had no infulence.
              Absolutely. I can't find the post but somewhere he posted a graph while the markets were in freefall and was still trying to explain it through technical analysis and historical movements...
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Anyone in on Amigo Loans? (AMGO)

Comment

Looks like they escaped financial disaster by the skin of their teeth then. I'm sure you'll make up some story about them being millionaires by now if they'd each given you 1k to invest.

I would have thought someone with an investing brain the size of a planet would have known to keep money and family a million miles apart....
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rearden Metal View Post
                    Anyone in on Amigo Loans? (AMGO)
                    No, got to be crazy.

There’s a guy on here who’s in Eurasia Mining(EAU) though.

If he still is, then he’s laughing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                      No, got to be crazy.

There’s a guy on here who’s in Eurasia Mining(EAU) though.

If he still is, then he’s laughing right now.
                      I got spiked on AMGO but has wondering if it was worth hoovering up some more.

Comment

Working...
                      X